• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Photos of OR Triples, The BOSS is here Post away!

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I figured we would get the new year kicked off, albeit a few hours early, with some OR Triple goodness. With the BOSS release it is time to pay homage to it by posting photos of it and all the OR Triples out there. I can't find my WASP pics, so someone please post a few for me! lol

EDIT: 1/1/17: If you post a BOSS, please post what Batch you got it from. If you have any other triple, try and list the year you got it, if you can remember. lol

Some Amber love:
1DB568DF-3A7B-417D-9C4C-10A20C9B6022_zps6o7tphkr.jpg

Surefire Triple Copper E2e 2x18350/1x18650
Light Engine - 2. Triple R33 Redome XPL (30w)
Acquisition Time: Fifth Day of November, 2015 Anno Domini.

Amber BOSS: Batch #2.
BOSS 35 Clicky - 7075 Patina
Light Engine - 6. Triple A33 XPL HI (30w)
Acquisition Time: 15:06 ZULU, on the Twenty Eighth Day of December, 2016 Anno Domini.

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh you guys have some nice pieces!
Flashlight Nut, that WASP rig is nice! What cells you running in that? And you have TWO E's! lol Awesome

Robe, I forgot you scored two BOSS! Nice!

eraursls1984, I have both. I much prefer the Amber. When they first came out, I got a Red WASP. I was in love. I use the red for navigation around the house. When I saw the Amber available on the SF Triples, I ordered Amber to try out. Not thinking I would like it as much as the red, boy was I surprised. I LOVE the Amber. I find it is ever so slightly brighter, and easy on the eyes. I find that tasks in total darkness are easier with the Amber. It gives me better color identification of things. Now, don't get me wrong, I still like the Red, but just much prefer the Amber.

I usually have the Amber programmed as mode 2 on my SF. So, on first click I have a Task level (sorta a medium output), then Amber. It works well around the house.

flashlight nut

Enlightened
Oh you guys have some nice pieces!
Flashlight Nut, that WASP rig is nice! What cells you running in that? And you have TWO E's! lol Awesome
Thanks. I was very fortunate and lucky to land these lights. I actually just sold the black copper v5 head to an esteemed member who was looking for one. I do plan on getting a BOSS Black HA combo when they become available. I carry the natural E2E daily.
In the WASP I am running two AW 18500 unprotected IMRs.
That's a nice pair you're sporting also.

Robe

Enlightened
Robe, what do you think of the difference between red and amber secondary color.

Side by side I liked amber more. I didn't notice THAT much of a difference in use, though I only tested with fairly ruined night vision. But both seemed to accomplish he same thing. Amber was slightly more pleasing to me, but it was nearly a toss up. If I had red only I wouldn't be upset.

Robe, I forgot you scored two BOSS! Nice!

Kind if by accident. I wanted the 219 but on first stop I forgot to toggle the box and bought an XPL. By the time I noticed they were all gone.

I gave it a shot again at second gone scored a 219, but I was part of the oversold lot, so they offered to change my order to an XPL, heh. Figured it gave me a chance to try both secondary colors.

Last edited:

YummyBacon!

Enlightened
Same here-Tried for the 219 but got the OS email so I got the Red as well. I think the cool boxes will no longer be included in future releases.
Side by side I liked amber more. I didn't notice THAT much of a difference in use, though I only tested with fairly ruined night vision. But both seemed to accomplish he same thing. Amber was slightly more pleasing to me, but it was nearly a toss up. If I had red only I wouldn't be upset.

Kind if by accident. I wanted the 219 but on first stop I forgot to toggle the box and bought an XPL. By the time I noticed they were all gone.

I gave it a shot again at second gone scored a 219, but I was part of the oversold lot, so they offered to change my order to an XPL, heh. Figured it gave me a chance to try both secondary colors.

YummyBacon!

Enlightened
It is a lot darker in person. Most are dark if you look at OR's batch pics. You can see a couple lighter ones. Not sure
why they vary-must be time in the tumbler.

Is that red a lot darker (the patina), or is it the lighting?

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome pics there folks! I really dig the boxes. Very unique. Nothing as cool as a BOSS tucked safely in some Tactical Straw! Ha. Actually my first thought was that it was a Straw Purchase. :thinking:

That darker patina does look very good. I wonder how well the patina will hold up? I am not too worried. It will wear well with use. Also, seeing this patina on a aluminum light gives me the idea to strip & tumble one of my banged up AL lights laying around. I have some oven cleaner and a tumbler. I may go for it. I have tumbled some Ti and it looked awesome.

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome pics there folks! I really dig the boxes. Very unique. Nothing as cool as a BOSS tucked safely in some Tactical Straw! Ha. Actually my first thought was that it was a Straw Purchase. :thinking:
That's funny because I did buy two as a straw purchase (not the ones in the picture). Talking with someone a couple weeks before they dropped I was told it I could snag two Nichia's they would trade me a Ti MAC for one and buy the other.