Fenix cl30r lantern failed... lasted 30 days

Shaysrebellion

Newly Enlightened
So now one of the 3 battery tube slots is dead and wont utilize that slots battery. I noticed this yesterday when the lantern drained really fast (1 evening) and I went to charge the 3 batteries. 1 was already fully charged. I checked the lantern and sure enough one slot is dead.

Vendor hasnt responded yet....

What luck I have.....
Im so sick of chinese stuff failing.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a shame. I hope that gets resolved for you quickly. Fenix generally has good reliability so that's tough luck.

Subterrestrial

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, sorry to hear that. It's obviously still under warranty so you should be good.

Incidentally, did you inspect the contacts for the dead battery tube? It's unlikely that they would need cleaning after only 30 days, but it's going to be the first thing they ask you FYI.

HughJorgan

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to hear that. I have the smaller CL25R that's worked reliably for a year now. Hopefully customer service will take care of you.

Shaysrebellion

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to hear that. I have the smaller CL25R that's worked reliably for a year now. Hopefully customer service will take care of you.

fenix replied but the vendor did not.....so sad!

1/2 the battery life of the specs and broken in 30 days + the vendor is a ---->FLAKE!