• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

I need a little Oveready advice.

Gretsch308

Newly Enlightened
I have Brian Fellhoelter p60 dropin that is not quite working with my Oveready host. The host is Z44 bezel, TL20 adapter, TL34 body and triad tailcap with McClicky. The BF dropin works fine in my acrylic host and my Torchlab v4 works fine in the other host so not a huge deal. Is there any thoughts on how I can get this to work? I was thinking of making some copper spacer that would contact the drop in and the TL20 body. I am guessing the BF dropin is not making contact at the base of the TL20.

boafish

Newly Enlightened
I have Brian Fellhoelter p60 dropin that is not quite working with my Oveready host. The host is Z44 bezel, TL20 adapter, TL34 body and triad tailcap with McClicky. The BF dropin works fine in my acrylic host and my Torchlab v4 works fine in the other host so not a huge deal. Is there any thoughts on how I can get this to work? I was thinking of making some copper spacer that would contact the drop in and the TL20 body. I am guessing the BF dropin is not making contact at the base of the TL20.

I had this issue with a similar drop in. The negative side of the circuit on the drop in is not making good contact with the body of the host. You can wrap foil or something around the head to help with the issue, but you need to take extra care to not cross the positive and negative terminals on the drop in.

Gretsch308

Newly Enlightened
I had this issue with a similar drop in. The negative side of the circuit on the drop in is not making good contact with the body of the host. You can wrap foil or something around the head to help with the issue, but you need to take extra care to not cross the positive and negative terminals on the drop in.

Where are the terminals? I assume the spring is one of them?

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
The spring is the +ve and the body of the drop in is -ve. The bodies tend to be copper or brass.
You can use foil or copper tape around the body of the drop in to contact better with the body of the host. Maybe search on here for P60 foil / copper tape. Some drop ins come with a large spring that fits around the base and inside the tube.
P

Gretsch308

Newly Enlightened
Oveready has a specific washer to resolve this matter. I'm using one with my v5 dropin and the LU60 adapter. Works great [emoji106]

Here's a link... [emoji6]

http://www.oveready.com/hardware/beryllium-copper-spring-washer/prod_295.html

The spring is the +ve and the body of the drop in is -ve. The bodies tend to be copper or brass.
You can use foil or copper tape around the body of the drop in to contact better with the body of the host. Maybe search on here for P60 foil / copper tape. Some drop ins come with a large spring that fits around the base and inside the tube.
P

Thank you both!!!

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
+1 above.

It looks like the negative contact is both not the sink and smaller OD than the outside itself, creating a pretty small area:

1.jpg

But just in case with the host, try tightening the P60 basket to the bezel before tightening them to the battery tube.

Last edited: