• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Olight M20-X Warrior issue

LPSlinger

Newly Enlightened
I'm a complete novice when it comes to flashlights, so this question may have a very simple solution I'm not aware of. I ran searches on as many different terms as I could think of but didn't have any luck with my particular problem. I have a Olight M20-X that will not stay in High mode. I can use Low or Medium modes with no problem, but if I switch to High either by using the mode button or by double-clicking the momentary switch, it will switch to High power mode for roughly 1-3 seconds and then immediately drop into low power mode. This is my bedside flashlight and it does not get much use. I've had it for a couple of years and it's only been turned on a few times. I don't remember it working like this in the past though.

Is this just a problem with old batteries not having enough juice to power the high mode? Or is there something else I need to look at? In searching this problem I've seen other issues people have had with switches not working and the like, so I've made sure everything is screwed in tightly at both ends of the flashlight, as I know this is a typical problem with this particular light. Any information or help would be appreciated!

kj2

Flashaholic
Batteries will be the first thing to check. If it still has the same batts that came with the light, they probably can't deliver enough power.
Try new ones and see if the light functions as should.
Using CR123A's or 18650?

LPSlinger

Newly Enlightened
Yes, using the CR123s that came with the light. I'll definitely see if batteries fix it. If I had some here I'd have done that before asking. I just was confused by the fact it dropped to low power mode. I figured it'd just switch off if it was a battery issue...but like I said, I'm a total noob when it comes to flashlights.

ven

Flashaholic
When you get some more, lock out the light if possible (click on and undo tail cap till goes off, usually a part turn). This will stop accidental activation and stop any parasitic drain (if there is any!). Lithium primaries have a long shelf life, so should be fine stored. If you decide to start using it more, then look into a rechargeable battery. This will save money long term if it's going to get regular use, otherwise stay as you are.