• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

We need an aluminum S-Mini

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will Olight offer an aluminum version of the S-Mini? I'm still holding out. I don't use clips with small lights so having a less weight is benificial when carried loose in the pocket. I plan to use a primary cr123 to further keep weight down. The medium and low outputs will work great for everyday and still allow long runtime.

Last edited:

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I asked Olight and they said "Probably not. This is a special design for the limited lights. I suggest you get one of these if you like the design.".

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
I asked Olight and they said "Probably not. This is a special design for the limited lights. I suggest you get one of these if you like the design.".

That is unfortunate. I think they are missing an opportunity here. Oh well, I might have to cave in.

editor

Newly Enlightened
Hi Forum, I think this light is really only designed for the enthusiasts, so it is fairly probable that there will be no standard product out of it.

I got nine Olights so far, so I'm much into this brand, but this light especially would have made headaches if I were not.

I think 550 lumens out of this size creates too much heat to dissipate and regular rechargeables shut down after just seconds. The safe product the masses is already on the market and it is called S1R.