Cool Fall Pocket Clip Option to come?

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there any chance of a Cool Fall pocket clip option?
Maybe similar to the one Don installed on his personal light but, machined like the clips used on high end knives instead of the formed clip?
The tailcap could be made slightly thicker to allow side threading to secure the clip or a recess machined in the bottom, while still retaining the tailstanding capabilities.

Seeing as though Dave has had a lot of innovation over the years, I think it could be a great selling point and would attract more potential buyers as it seems to be a common point of concern others have made for their reason to not finally make the purchase.
Being limited to a holster or carrying it floating around in the bottom of a pocket seems to be the only current options.

I hope this doesn't come off as anything other than respectful discussion about future possibilities for carry options of these awesome lights.

An optional tailcap with the pocket clip would be incredible and, I bet many would love the chance to have another carry option and would also entice those who feel it's a requirement and have put off acquiring a Cool Fall based on this limit.

I'd love to hear what Dave has to say on this subject and hope maybe consider making this a reality.
Other members are also encouraged to voice their opinions on this subject.
I understand this topic has been discussed many times before but, feel it's a topic worth bringing up again to hopefully provide insight and maybe a nudge to help gain traction for Dave to consider this a worthy investment in his lights. :D

(Pictures shown are by Don and shared to a provide visual of possibilities )

Last edited:

RIDE

Enlightened
I completely agree! I think that the SPY 007/Tri V are the two very best designed lights the flashlight community has ever seen....and a clip option would take it to another level. Great idea Tim....I would love to see this come to be!

RIDE

nbp

Flashaholic
+1 I probably would have kept my 007 years ago if there were a way to carry via a pocket clip. The light is too bulky to have just free floating around in a pocket.

egdima

Newly Enlightened
No disrespect, but I think it looks way better without the clip (regardless of how it is executed) and is small enough to be easy to carry without one.

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been carrying some form of Cool Fall light everyday (except for down time waiting for Dave to release 007 3300mA and Tri-V3) for the past 6 years now, and a clip would be a great asset and opens up more carry options. I have managed to carry it in the little coin pocket on most of my pants, but there are times I couldn't carry it depending what I wore that day.

Since getting my Tri-V3 in 2015 after emailing Dave a minute after he posted the sales thread, this light has always been with me. After carrying a Cool Fall for so many years, I do wish there was a clip to hold it more securely in my pockets.

Rudi

Enlightened
I find that clips work better on lighter weight flashlights.
Heavier lights exert too much pull on the fabric.
I consider the Spys (except for the original 005) heavy for their size.