SPY 005 Sales thread is now <<OPEN>>

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
SPY 005 Sales thread

This is a sale notification thread. As long as the title of this first post says <<OPEN>>, then 005 lights are available for purchase. If you want a light you can post in this thread or send me an email to [email protected]. Most people usually email me and do not post here in this thread. That is OK, post here only if you want to.

The 005 was originally introduced back in 2005 and was sold in 2006. It was my first flashlight offering and I am still proud that it set some sales records here on CPF. It was designed and developed in a very open forum atmosphere where I posted almost every development of the design process. The original 005 was made of all aluminum with a chrome plated head and knob. The next batch of 005 lights had a polished titanium head and knob. The 005 has not been produced for a decade now. However, I have decided to bring this light back due to a myriad of requests over the years. Fast forward to 2017 and the 005 is once again in production. This new 005 is 100% Gr5 titanium like the 007. The body and battery cap are stone washed. This makes a durable finish that will stay the same for years of use. The oval o-ring slot on the side of the light is still there but it is rounded and has a very smooth feel in your hand. Compared to the original, this 005 has enormous power and the buttery smooth Teflon switch bearing that was designed for the 007. It feels smooth and light and is only 25% heaver than the original. However, its durability greatly exceeds the original 005 in both structure and electronics.

EU1C5420.JPG

EU1C5424.JPG

EU1C5428.JPG

The above are pics of the new 005

Pricing of Options and Packages

005 Price: $1995

005 Options:
  • polished battery cap $100

Packages:

• add a Droid carabineer for $150 (this sale is available for the first two days only, 1/17 and 1/18)
  • add a Droid carabineer and titanium chain for $250 (this sale is available for two days only, 1/17 and 1/18)

SHIPPING:

I charge for the actual shipping cost and all shipping options include tracking information.

USPS Priority Express Next day shipping to all USA locations is $30.00 (CUSA only) this is not always next day
USPS Next day shipping with insurance to all USA locations is $80.00 (CUSA only)

Shipping to Canada is $45

Priority Express Mail Shipping to all countries outside the USA is $50.00

Priority Mail Shipping is not offered.

FedEx shipping in USA is $140. (Recommended) (Your phone number is required)

FedEx shipping outside USA is usually about $140.

< Please check your PayPal shipping address, it is where I will ship the light>

INSURANCE:

All lights shipping to USA locations will be insured by me for $2000.

All the lights going to countries outside of the USA will be insured at $100 value and claimed for that same value. They MUST be the same, no exceptions. The risk is yours. FedEx is the only way to go.

PAYPAL and FEES:

There is no additional PayPal fee to you. If you are paying by PayPal, I will only ship to a PayPal-confirmed address. If I do not know you, I reserve the right to wait for payments to clear before I ship. Please check your PayPal mailing address before you send the payment!!!! If you want to ship to an alternate "gift" PayPal address that is fine but please remember to type that address into PayPal prior to sending the payment. Please do not use the PayPal option to send me money to friends and family as I will not get your shipping address.

If you live in Pennsylvania or you pick up the light here at my shop the sales tax is 6% of the cost of the light.

Please PP your totals to my PP address:
[email protected]

EMAIL:

Please email me for my records. The subject line of the email should be SPY 005 sale contact information. Please use this format for your personal information:

Full Name,Address 1,Address 2,Address 3,City,State,Zip Code,Province,Country,Phone Number,E Mail,CPF Name,
I need the phone numbers too.

Include what options and packages you are interested in.

Disclaimer: All the lights in this sale are new and unused. They are in as perfect condition as I can make them. What that means is they have no major blemishes but they do have cutter marks, tooling marks, and material imperfections. If you cannot stand a light that has the tiniest of scratch on it, then I recommend you buy a McGizmo light, they are perfect. All lights are shipped without batteries. This new policy is to keep the USPS from opening and inspecting the shipment.

My email is cpfdata at coolfall.com. That is also my PayPal ID. It is in my sig below.

Please do not fret over what choices to put in the post or email to me. We will have plenty of time to sort it all out in the coming days. Changing your mind is OK as an example if you realize you wanted a 6000K in place of a 5000K.

There are a multitude of various configurations. I have all parts ready. The first lights should go out next week. I have some emitters here in stock and can get them quickly once I find out what people want. In stock emitters: XP-L-Hi is 6000K and 5000K. If you know what you want please drop me an email ASAP (some of you already have). There is not really a default emitter for this light. If you are not sure what to get I recommend the XP-L-Hi as great for all around use. The polished battery cap is an option that will add at least one day to the turnaround time.

This light uses the same STFu MK4 microprocessor controlled converter board as I use in my other high end lights. If you look at the 007 Sapphire user manual you can see how it is programmed as they are identical except for one thing. The 005 does not have haptic feedback. The 005 battery cap is released with a push button knob like the original SPY design. The McR18 reflector is the same shape I use in my 007. The lens is the custom curved crystal glass. I am supplying only the original low profile lanyard with the 005. Both heat sinks and the MCPCB are solid copper.

The XP-L2 is the new powerful emitter and I currently have 4000K, 5000K and 5700K versions of it. I also have the XP-L-Hi emitter in 5000K, 5700K, 6200K and 6500K. The big differences are beam shape and color. With the 005's McR18 reflector the XP-L2 has twice the size center spot diameter as the XP-L-Hi does. Of course the XP-L-Hi throws considerably farther because of its tight beam (it is great for outdoor spotting). They both have the same size spill. The other difference is the XP-L2 has color bands typical of the XM-L(2) emitters where the XP-L-Hi has less of that effect. If you have questions about all this please post them here or send me an email. I usually do not advise people on emitters unless they are new to all this and just want basic guidance. If you press me on this I will say the XP-L-Hi in a cool ~6000K color is what I currently am using in my 005 because I like how it throws for hundreds of feet through the night air. However if you think more of your use would be indoor you may consider ~5000K. The differences between the two are not great in everyday use.

Cheers
Dave

Last edited:

Zandar

Enlightened
Fantastic work Data! Of course you know I want all of your lights :bow::bow::bow::bow::clap:

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys!

FYI, there is only one XP-L-Hi 6500K emitter left but I am getting more in a couple weeks. The 6200K is very close to it in color.

Cheers
Dave

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mike does most of my machining and I am training him to do some of the building prep work too. I cannot do it all and still have time to design new lights. He thanks you for thinking of him.

Latest build:
20170119_161136.jpg

The 6500K XP-L-Hi emitters will be back in stock soon. I have 6200K XP-L-Hi in stock still.

Cheers
Dave

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah yes, the venerable 005, where it all started---and now in precious Ti with new hot "engine options" and accessories to boot!! So many fantastic Data-lights, so little time...

Karl

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks everybody for the sales. I am working to get them out ASAP.

The serial numbers start at 10XX with the first production parts more than 1010. As is usually the case the first few numbers are prototypes and machining test parts.

The 6500K XP-L-Hi emitters will are now back in stock.

Cheers
Dave

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking forward to finally holding a 005 in my hands.

In checking the tracking, it has gone from:
Dave to New York
New York to London UK ( not sure why this detour),
London UK to Canada, ( not sure what part).
Now in Vancouver, so it's getting closer.

Last edited:

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think this has become my favourite EDC light.
It is just sooo smooth, you cannot help but fidget with it, even when it's not on.