• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

What's Chinese New Year? How Chinese celebrate this grandest traditional festival?

gearbest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Many people know the coming Chinese New Year holiday. Yes, most of our GB Staff will enjoy a public 7 days off Holiday as well. Below is a list of our Different Warehouses' Holiday Time Sheet for your reference:
63669228.jpg

PS:
1. The cells in red remarked holiday, there is no person working in the local warehouse that day. So the order's dispatching will been delayed because of holiday. Please kindly understand.

2. Because of the public holiday, most shipping companies in China will stop receiving new parcels, the shipping will be affected during the holiday as well. Please take care of it and be more patient about it. Thanks in advance!!!

3. If you expect your items shipped out before the holiday, you have to place orders early before that. Please take care of it. Thank you!

In order to fully absorb and understand the magnitude of the significance of the Chinese New Year, I kindly invite you to watch a very well-made domentary about the 2016 Chinese New Year (courtesy of BBC) Please be aware that there is a 90sec. advertisement only in the beginning of the video .
Migration: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/nA9KYHmnkcg
Reunion: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/JRVm0D2Pnlc.html
Celebration: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/p0W-fqxnJLQ.html
I was so moved, even tears got down when i watched different persons get together with their family after a long trip! Thanks for their nice videos!:clap::clap::clap:

Following...I am going to introduce how do we prepare and celebrate this Chinese New Year. We can touch it together with our words, pictures and feeling, hahah...;)

Last edited:

gearbest

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. Chinese New Year (Also called the Spring Festival)
The Spring Festival is the most important festival for the Chinese people and is when all family members get together, just like Christmas in the West. All people living away from home go back, becoming the busiest time for transportation systems of about half a month from the Spring Festival. Airports, railway stations and long-distance bus stations are crowded with home returnees.

2. How do we prepare and celebrate it
Before the Spring Festival holiday, our company hold a party to celebrate the coming new year. You can find our post about it here
What's this? Are you curious about who bring gearbest.com for you?

3. Ordering tickets to go back home
OK. Mentioning the Spring Festival, most people living away from home will have impressive experience of ordering tickets and the journey to home. Tens of millions people will hurry home, according to tradition, to spend the Spring Festival with their families. So the Chinese transport system faces greatest pressure from high traffic loads. During this time of year, it's very very hard to book and purchase tickets, especially train tickets.

The train tickets could be ordered 30 days in advance. Hahah...we made a calendar of booking tickets like this. Based on this calendar, you can find Nov 29, 2016 could order the ticket of Jan 27,2017, which is the New Year's Eve according to Chinese lunar calendar :)
82937113.jpg

It seems a bit of a lottery to order ticket, as millions all to rush to buy online or by telephone when the tickets are first put on sale. Our company helped many staffs ordered the group tickets, so many staff don't need to experience the hard time to order tickets. While you can find how hard it is to order tickets from these pictures:
U2596P1T1D16974174F1394DT20090104124926.jpg

I have to order the ticket to home by myself. I keep trying online, but it always show like this "No", "No",....
162162000.png

Guess what... Haha, after 10 days' efforts, finally i get a ticket through online. When it shows ticket ordered successfully, i am a bit doubtful. I really get it, very very happy of it.
Haha... i took out the ticket at train ticket outlets rightly that day, show you my treasure ;)
877478111.jpg

Another unbelievable good news is that our company helped me ordered the return ticket, i don't need to experience this hard ticket ordering time again. Hahaha...So Lucky i am! So happy when get the ticket :)

Sorry, too much words! That's my experience of ordering tickets this year. Maybe i can share some pictures with you when i am in station, showing the crowd hurrying home ;)

Btw, i am wondering will the train in your country experience this high traffic loads during your important festival such as Christmas or others?
:)

Last edited:

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

gearbest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Migration: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/nA9KYHmnkcg
Reunion: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/JRVm0D2Pnlc.html
Celebration: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/p0W-fqxnJLQ.html

I just watched about a third of the links so far and it kind of reminds us that, regardless of what race and culture you belong to, family ties and harmony is far and above all else in life. Very, very heart warming and makes us put our feet back to the ground. :thumbsup:

Yes, the time with family is very happy and treasure. I am looking forward to the Reunion with my families at the CNY holiday :)

gearbest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello CPF'ers,

Do you know Chinese Zodiac Signs? and do you know w
hat's your Chinese zodiac sign? :)

2017 will be Rooster Year. If baby is borned in Chinese lunar year 2017, he/she will be regard as a lovely rooster in
Chinese Zodiac Signs ;)

Haha...Years Corresponding to Chinese Zodiac Signs for your reference:
dPX3BMU4KfKXnsvmDO7yEmzo4apY-xGQOOrvVwusKfDU9SYvFvVP_OhUb0rlzA2575Yl00FkU5wbQl47Pgjo99B2uMNoLzUEqF-bV0WG4AZ0VY1ZvBnAFVppJxTB4ViwqWxIohV0

svZe17dhMphOKxoiGaKvaXKeFaYuDJVa_qqDnx76gGlCmLiwnDmUq286AhxcniGj9HkhapU12E93xCtEWSXUHxpUJzuXj6nk3Pww9zghKo860wt-U7chnjWQktJi2US9CHvcWytqZ90R8p3H9g

5ZvhLiJCul2UnfgdMsDstIRqnVeAyNxhGioVYIM2Gjy9fTuSKVlIdP_M8Qi_YO09p-LoRdGgRhkdNF247906_rai0E7BjDfUJfV9-9oXH78dmOPifhh8xBQXKTVINoSef973wArHGsIhsIBDYg

Haha...I am a horse :grin2:
Characteristics: Adaptable, loyal, courageous, ambitious, intelligent, adventurous, strong.

How about you? ;)

Last edited:

LeafSamurai

Enlightened
Thank you for the cultural lessons Gearbest. I'm Chinese myself so everything is really familiar and I learn some great new things as well.

gearbest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for the cultural lessons Gearbest. I'm Chinese myself so everything is really familiar and I learn some great new things as well.
That's great! Thank you for your focusing :)

Will you celebrate the Spring Festival in Christchurch, NZ ? :)

Latest posts