AC Delco HIR1

Sadden

Enlightened
Regarding a recent thread there was some discussion on the avilability of Toshiba HIR1 bulbs from ACDelco

I ordered from my local dealership and this is what i received.

Oversize Pic

Oversize Pic

Oversize Pic
Did I order/recieve the wrong p/n? These are clearly vosla units.

How do they stack up against Phillips units? These appear to be uncoated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sadden

Enlightened
Also these were $105 CAD, with my discount, my father was a gm mechanic for over 20 years so i still get better than joe-blow pricing. The Vosla +30 units i ordered from there were only 25$ / piece. In line with online prices.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
Bummer, not the Toshiba. Those Vosla items are identical to the Philips.

Wait, WHAT? $105 CAD for the pair? At today's exchange, google tells me that's $79+. That's way too much money.

jzchen

Enlightened
Lots of things cost a lot more in Canada. I have family in Vancouver. You should see what a million dollar house looks like there, i.e. made in the 70s. They love to go down to border places on the US side to buy stuff. I still can't forget a long time ago when visiting they had a 13% tax rate. As my uncle explained, not enough population to support the infrastructure.

Sadden. I am really sorry to read you have experienced dealer/OE mark up, plus tax I'm guessing...

Sadden

Enlightened
Weird that they use the same P/N for the Vosla/Toshiba units. I thought i got my phillips 9011's from GM as well, those must have a separate p/n?

Where can I order and actually get the Toshiba units I am looking for?

RE the markup we only have a 5% federal tax here...Most of the markup comes from having to be ordered in from the states and living 4 hours north of any major city center.

Last edited by a moderator:

mikered30

Newly Enlightened
I just recently ordered a pair of these bulbs (25770739) based on the other thread too, they should arrive early next week. I ordered them through GMPartsDirect.com, which ships from a GM dealer in Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA. I was hesitant to buy them off of amazon due to the reviews. I will update this once they arrive. I would be bummed if they were not Toshiba, but probably wouldn't send them back. Maybe Canada vs US has a different parts chain? I will find out when my arrive. I ordered 9012 bulbs from GMPartsDirect.com before and they were Vosla

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
Weird that they use the same P/N for the Vosla/Toshiba units. I thought i got my phillips 9011's from GM as well, those must have a separate p/n?

Yes, the Philips 9011 through GM has a different part number.

Where can I order and actually get the Toshiba units I am looking for?

Toyota 90981-13066

Sadden

Enlightened
Yes, the Philips 9011 through GM has a different part number.
Which is weird if the phillips/vosla units are basically identical, you would think they would share a P/N while the toshiba being drastically different would have a different one...

Toyota 90981-13066
I will order them this week, and the vosla units will become spares for the better halfs Trax.

mikered30

Newly Enlightened
I just recently ordered a pair of these bulbs (25770739) based on the other thread too, they should arrive early next week. I ordered them through GMPartsDirect.com, which ships from a GM dealer in Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA. I was hesitant to buy them off of amazon due to the reviews. I will update this once they arrive. I would be bummed if they were not Toshiba, but probably wouldn't send them back. Maybe Canada vs US has a different parts chain? I will find out when my arrive. I ordered 9012 bulbs from GMPartsDirect.com before and they were Vosla

Update: bulbs arrived today from GMPartsDirect.com (25770739) were also Vosla and not Toshiba, as reported above. Oh well, I am done chasing the toshiba bulbs, the toyota price is insane.

I couldn't find the cut sheet for the Vosla 9011 on the vosla US website, in fact no 9011 bulbs are listed. I did find some details on the Susquehanna motorsports website about the bulb, but the website appears to be filled with errors and I will not link it.

Last edited: