specs on tn40svn, at lower settings

hahoo

Enlightened
8700 lumens, and 500k is a given on turbo, but has anybody that has this light ever tested it on the lower settings to see the numbers?
will they be higher than stock, or will they be about the same?
also, is the strobe still cut way back from max like stock ?

drummer132132

Enlightened
8700 lumens, and 500k is a given on turbo, but has anybody that has this light ever tested it on the lower settings to see the numbers?
will they be higher than stock, or will they be about the same?
also, is the strobe still cut way back from max like stock ?

I have been trying to figure out the same thing. I think if you take 8700 and multiply by the % you want to know take that number as a a rough estimate. It doesn't work exactly like that but maybe it's close. For example 8700 x 0.15 = 1305. So at 15% I can only guess that the output is close to that give or take. Only true option is to actually get someone to measure it.

Strobe, since it's drivervnx2, will be at max output (I think).

I have been debating for a week now if to go xhp35 hi or xpl hi just because of the potential in numbers. Kinda wish vinh tested say mode group 11 as standard for all lights like manufacturers do. Or maybe mode group 9. Would help everyone in the end but would take up time. Maybe covered though in tips.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only way to figure out is the user must have a stock tn40 and tn40svn on hand because vinhs numbers are different than thrunites. His numbers are relative to his lights. So without a stock light in hand, the numbers will be off anyways.