Thoughts on streamlights bandit?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Pretty good idea in terms of that style of light.
Great handymans tool I'd say.

I'd buy it if I hadn't just bought their "double clutch" headlamp not long ago. I could definitely see it being great for under the sink, fixing a water heater, wiring the dash of my car or that sort of thing as it looks very minimal and probably not uncomfy after a while.

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like it [emoji106]
I am a big fan of Streamlight. Wish it had a lower setting for using to read a book or well people use ipads and iphones these days but ya it needs a lower level like say 10 lumens. Definitely on the list and with usb charging it will work. Is lightweight i like that but is only 1.4 oz so yep everyone is getting on apple bandwagon to make things thin. If it was another oz for the battery maybe it would have lasted twice as long on high. I would have been ok with 2.5 oz or 2.8 oz for a bigger battery for longer runtime on high. I like the color is easy to locate and that is has a flood style beam, that is what I use lately way more useful than spot especially on a headlamp. Downside it must have more levels two are not enough and 35 lumens is too high of a low level for a headlamp. I would say two more levels. Hopefully not more than $25. Ill get one.

Last edited:

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a youtube video it says $35 msrp so likely $25 to $28. I like the beam on it. As i got lots of Streamlights Propoly and I only get the yellow models they make as is much easier to find and it does not blend in the background. The beam looks like a diffused flood. For sure Ill get one.

Last edited:

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like it says COB Chip on Board. This is definitely an interesting light. The battery is just 450 so it must be really small. Looks like release date is April. Will be waiting a while.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a yellow version (more easily located in vehicle than black) in a Field and Stream store for $25 a couple days ago.

I like the beam pattern and light weight - I hardly notice that I'm wearing it.

Tint on mine is toward the cool side.

I used it for a couple hours last night for rearranging audio equipment and cables and it worked really well for that. CRI wasn't too important for that task.

I don't like that the CRI is very low - doesn't do well with reds.

The clip does clip securely to a hat brim. The clip is very difficult to clip to a shirt pocket.

Before I used it last night, I was planning to return it because of it's low CRI, but now I think I'll keep it for it's beam profile, light weight and comfort.