• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

XT2C-R, 1600 lumens

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shown at SHOT! XT2C, rechargeable, 1600 (!!!) lumens, programmable.

Klarus, could you tell us any more about the light? In particular, I'm interested in:
- Which LED does it use?
- Candela it outputs?
- Is the main switch a forward momentary/clickie (like all XT2Cs) or has it been changed to a reverse clickie-only like the new XT1C?

Thanks!

BillSWPA

Enlightened
Definitely would be much more interested if it has a forward clicky with momentary on. The lack of momentary on is about the only thing I do not like about my XT1C.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Definitely would be much more interested if it has a forward clicky with momentary on. The lack of momentary on is about the only thing I do not like about my XT1C.

Right? It's the oddest thing ... Klarus invents one of the best tactical interfaces in one breath, and then seemingly has no idea how tactical interfaces are supposed to work in the next. Why not send an employee to one low-light class so they don't have to guess about what types of interfaces are useful?

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are right, momentary on seems to have been kept in the new UI! I am not quite sure I understand how it works but I really like the programmable settings idea Klarus has been using on the XT lights: they are more versatile lights compared to the first generation XT lights!