Some Help/Info on this ( Toledo Inox )

David-88

Newly Enlightened
Looking for any information at all on what this set of knives maybe be worth as i cant find them online, Only wondering as i may put them up for a trade if it's worth it for either a flash light or a folding knife of some sort as they were given to me by a friend and i have no use for them.

16196875_10208619774266969_374531849_o_zpstn4kb4x1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

electronFarmer

Newly Enlightened
While I can't tell much from this one picture, I am going to take a couple of guesses... If the handle feels rather heavy then they are probably die cast which includes a lot of Zinc (has a density of 7+ which is 3/4 of the way to Lead at 11.3). Die cast is a sign of lower quality. But it could also be brass with a chrome plating, not so low quality.
You can check this with a magnet. Be careful against a false positive by checking out, away from the blade, at the finger guards. Of course be careful against scratching, black tape wrapped on the magnet helps.
A magnet can also tell you if the blade is full tang, although the rivets suggest that this is true. But the rivets may only be holding the handle scales/ rubber black part. The magnet will only work for the "tang" test if the blade is attracted to the magnet and not a 300 series stainless steel. Start with the magnet near the center of the hilt (side) to feel the pull of the steel blade under the hilt, then move the magnet along the handle. If the pull runs out or the magnet wants to stop in the middle of the handle, then you know it is not full tang. Again a sign of lower quality.
While the fit and finish looks good I doubt this was actually made in Toledo, Spain. Probably a Frost or United copy.
Try this: take a good close up picture of the hall mark, eagle symbol, enter the picture from camera to your computer file system. Then "goggle" image search by opening a search page then click on images. When the camera icon appears in the search field you drag the image file on your computer to the camera icon in search.
Hope this helps.

Last edited: