• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

R50 pro charging cable

Luxrider

Newly Enlightened
I've had this light for like a month...love the light. Does exactly what I wanted it for and overall very happy even though it was pricey for what I'm used to.

Anyway, my cat chewed the charging cable in half. Totally ruined. So I looked online but the only one I can find is on battery Junction for 17 bucks. Is that real? Over 10% of the cost of the light for the charging cable? What is my best option? I can get a charger and a 26650 for that price. Is it cheaper somewhere else? Does the oe cell work on a traditional charger? I don't need the magnetic charging, I'd rather have the micro USB of the regular r50. Anyway, thanks for any answers/opinions.

lstmichel

Enlightened
I've had this light for like a month...love the light. Does exactly what I wanted it for and overall very happy even though it was pricey for what I'm used to.

Anyway, my cat chewed the charging cable in half. Totally ruined. So I looked online but the only one I can find is on battery Junction for 17 bucks. Is that real? Over 10% of the cost of the light for the charging cable? What is my best option? I can get a charger and a 26650 for that price. Is it cheaper somewhere else? Does the oe cell work on a traditional charger? I don't need the magnetic charging, I'd rather have the micro USB of the regular r50. Anyway, thanks for any answers/opinions.

I have an R50 Pro as well - the battery is a custom one and the 26650 charger I have doesn't line up properly to charge it
the cheapest solution I found was this - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MF4I1WP/?tag=cpf0b6-20
this will charge any 14500/18650/26650 li-ion battery

lstmichel

Enlightened
I have an R50 Pro as well - the battery is a custom one and the 26650 charger I have doesn't line up properly to charge it
the cheapest solution I found was this - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MF4I1WP/?tag=cpf0b6-20
this will charge any 14500/18650/26650 li-ion battery

if you decide to go with a new 26650 battery - be very careful to match the length - this light doesn't have the traditional springs to cover for much LOA variations.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would buy the OEM USB charger personally. It's a bit expensive, but I feel it's worth it for convenience. Maybe pick up an extra battery too.

They are both available at Olightstore.com in the battery and charger section.

Luxrider

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies guys. I ordered a d2 charger and using some tape and a piece of aluminum foil, I've been able to charge the olight cell. I'm also going to grab a couple keeppower 26650s to use in this light as I've heard they work. I really like the r50 pro, but this magnetic charger is cost prohibitive. Coupled with the fact that there's no other way to charge it, if something happens to the charge cord you've got a $140 paperweight. I wish the r50 pro also had a USB charge port on it. Oh well.

Latest posts