• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Lumintop SD26vn - Smallest 26650 Thrower

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
You forgot to mention that the R50vnP (or variant) comes with its own 26650 battery! However, the normal R50vns don't come with driverVNX2.

80k lux got my interest tho. Relative to spill, how big is the hotspot?

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Order placed.

I would love to purchase an R50 Pro tail cap for my R50vn... to make it shorter. Not sure if that's a possibility.

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned
I watched that video also. Looks like a great light,,,,,,,,I just can't justify it now,,,maybe later!

It has the throw of my TX25C2vn XPG V3 DD SINGLE MODE[TWIST/UNTWIST TAIL CAP TO ACTIVATE!],,,, ~ 900 LUMENS/Field tested @ 80Kcd

The SD26vn also has 80Kcd plus 500 additional lumens/bigger hot spot and about the same length. :thumbsup: The SD26vn is 3/32" longer!

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
You forgot to mention that the R50vnP (or variant) comes with its own 26650 battery! However, the normal R50vns don't come with driverVNX2.

80k lux got my interest tho. Relative to spill, how big is the hotspot?

Um...hopefully video beam shots will show...

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Order placed.
I would love to purchase an R50 Pro tail cap for my R50vn... to make it shorter. Not sure if that's a possibility.

How short do you need it?
I considered this too, but realized in my (medium) hand, that if the body/tailcap length was any shorter I couldn't access the button properly.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
no spares :-(

Ok, thanks for replying.

How short do you need it?
I considered this too, but realized in my (medium) hand, that if the body/tailcap length was any shorter I couldn't access the button properly.

Hmm, I'm not sure I understand. I just picked up my R50vn and held it the way I normally do, then imagined it being five millimeters shorter... I don't see an issue. Maybe we hold our lights differently? I don't have large hands.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, I'm not sure I understand. I just picked up my R50vn and held it the way I normally do, then imagined it being five millimeters shorter... I don't see an issue. Maybe we hold our lights differently? I don't have large hands.

I just gripped mine and I misspoke. The button isn't an issue for me, it would be my little finger losing grip on the tail cap as it barely fits now. I have the same issue with compact 1911's with beveled base grips.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just gripped mine and I misspoke. The button isn't an issue for me, it would be my little finger losing grip on the tail cap as it barely fits now. I have the same issue with compact 1911's with beveled base grips.

I see what you mean now, and it does seem like it might be too short with the Pro tailcap. So I just picked up a smaller light with side switch and my pinky found its place naturally. Apparently I don't have that same issue.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
eekazum:
Now your pics have me changing my mind - just have to move my grip up.
But I use a lanyard at times, so that won't work...

cclight

Newly Enlightened
I think you guys are taking the 5mm way too seriously.

For me it makes a difference, not because of the grip but in the pocket. If it were 5mm shorter it'd fit better there.

Pitty when I ordered mine this option wasn't yet available...

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah it's my fav light to hold in my hand while watching tv. I click off-on-off-on... but no more... I must have worn it out. Funny thing is it's the only light I've been that way with. I think there's probably a little bubble like thing inside that is stuck and won't pop back out. I don't know what to do except try to open it up and maybe fix it, or maybe ruin it completely.

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah it's my fav light to hold in my hand while watching tv. I click off-on-off-on... but no more... I must have worn it out. Funny thing is it's the only light I've been that way with. I think there's probably a little bubble like thing inside that is stuck and won't pop back out. I don't know what to do except try to open it up and maybe fix it, or maybe ruin it completely.
Give it a shot wim only way to learn. Easier than you think. :)

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is a unique light! It doesn't really flood and doesn't really throw, but it's really appealing. I have many more suitable lights for any given job, but this is often the one I grab.

Good idea to pull it apart if you have some tool to do it with Steve. At very least you will learn something. I'm no mechanic, but I've pulled a few tail caps apart and fixed some of them. At very best you'll fix it, or give us some new material to work with. You just don't blow up things anymore....... [emoji16]