Cataloging your collection?

Jbraman

Newly Enlightened
I've quickly reached the point of needing to come up with a way to track and document my torches and cells. It's only getting worse. How do you track and document your cells and their cycles?

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
There must be an app somewhere that can do that. Top of mind... maybe an excel sheet?

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Sorry it took so long to notice this, but I just use the Appigo To Do task app which runs on both my iPhone and iPad to make notes. It also has very good replication over the internet so I can keep multiple copies in case one device fails.

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use Excel, uploaded to Google docs. As I track everything from purchase date to runtimes and every spec in between, I needed many columns...

redvalkyrie

Enlightened
I'm at the point of needing to catalogue my collection of Malkoffs. I'll probably try the app mentioned first and then give the old excel a try.

I currently use a label maker to mark what Malkoff drop-in is in each host. Seriously, if I didn't do this I would have no idea as the amount has surpassed my aging memory's abilities.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I've made spreadsheets with open office calc for my 18650s and other stuff since I don't have excel nor can I afford to get it.

scout24

Flashaholic
I bow to you folks and your organizational skills. My cataloging consists of "I think that one's over here...". I have trimmed down the collection quite a bit, but still have more lights than I should.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cataloging my collection is on the list, but a simultaneous project is taking the instructions for my 300-400 lights & organizing them by maker. It is so easy to just Google a light if I have forgotten how to access hidden modes or some other feature I keep putting it off. I also have three large clear plastic compartmented cases that have all spare o-rings, lanyards, clips not in use, etc.
If I get the cataloging done, Then I can get my wardrobe boxes full of flashlight boxes, put the light, spare parts & instructions all together and have the mother of all flashlight sales...

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I keep the price/value column hidden :) plus it's only on my desktop and not on the Shared drive....

I aint worried about her knowing the how much and all that. We don't hide that kinda stuff from each other...

No I'm afraid she'll remind me that I only have 18 of the 20 Franco models made and start seeking out the other two for me. That sorta thing.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just use a Word document that I update pretty regularly. I separate it into production and custom lights, parts, upgrades, etc. It let's me track what I have and things I am working on.