Surefire E1B MaxVision discussion

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Surefire E1b MaxVision discussion

IMHO it could use a higher low mode.

5 lumens works for a TIR light but for this one maybe 12 lumens or so? Maxvision on 5 lumens is a bit diffuse.

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire E1b MaxVision discussion

I hope this one hits the shelves. Like it the way it is. Maybe three modes but not a brighter low. The thing that intrigues me is the maxvision flood beam with a reflector. Probably want be able to hold the full 400 lumens for very long. If the price is not extreme, I will buy it. Still using and loving my first E1B from 2008.

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Surefire E1b MaxVision discussion

I'm curious how they upped the output to 400lm vs their other 1 cells lights? Maybe they went with XPL...

Last edited:

Lucky Duck

Enlightened
Oh oh, might have to get BOTH of these!! :twothumbs (In future please don't post 2 lights in the same thread, I can not afford it.)

Last edited:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wondering if they're using the plastic multifaceted reflector or if they'll use an aluminum orange peel reflector like their older lights (KL4)? ..

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
MrGunsnGear at Facebook posted a pic of one at the ShotShow booth.
It appears smooth, with no facets. Just shallow and wide as one might expect.

16174810_1127348267378238_2009675542512749341_n.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me the E1B MV is very interesting. I also hope the light will work with LiIon cells not only LFP cells like the EB1.

The E1B MV and the Aviators are the most interesting Surefire lights of the new 2017 products.

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm thinking it could be more like a MD2 head, Scout24.
Maybe not that thick head walls but small front opening.

If it is the opposite and it is truly beefy, then that is one nice heatsink for the relatively modest 400 lumen high.

JPA261

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did anyone contact Surefire yet and get an ETA on when this light will be released or if it will. [emoji12]

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like it. But, I don't think I'm going to shell out $250 + for it.
Which I what I expect SF will be asking.
Now, please someone, tell me it will be priced more reasonably.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
The DBR Guardian reminds me of something... just can't put my finger on it.

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
100% agree with post above. I think SF is on a different plan. I wrote about this a couple of times but it seems SF does not care. So if one day the led will be efficient enough and do 1000 lumens from one 123 then we will have 5 lumens and 1000 lumens level ? I have no need to use for such light. Anything more than 1000 lumens is starting to cross in the spotlight territory. Not only that but it seems that anything that has 123 in it these days from SF starts at $200 and up. I still like SF but I just cant pay what they asking. If they need to outsource to keep prices competitive i guess they will have to do that. A lot of electronic things are made overseas these days and they are top notch quality. I have a Fluke top of the line voltmeter made in CN and it works perfect. Today is not 1980's anymore. Anybody can make quality things anywhere.

Last edited: