Zebralight H502c L2?

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone have a Zebralight H502c L2? Opinions? What do you think of it?

I am looking for a mule headlamp for reading and other short range tasks that is light weight, has a warmer colour temperature(3000-4500K), and is reasonably high CRI. I am not really concerned about the power source but, the smaller and lighter the better. Is there any other options? Thanks.

Last edited:

lonelyboy

Newly Enlightened
I have ZL H502c L2. I think it is a good one for close up work such as reading or repairing work. This is not so good for night hiking as I find the light beam is too "flood" and not giving me enough light in the front.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have ZL H502c L2. I think it is a good one for close up work such as reading or repairing work. This is not so good for night hiking as I find the light beam is too "flood" and not giving me enough light in the front.
Thanks for the reply.

I only plan to use it for reading in bed and other very close range tasks(in the tent at night stuff mainly) as I already own the H600Fd&c MKIII and use them for most of my other tasks. I just find they are a bit overkill and aren't as floody as they could be for reading in bed etc. So, it sounds like the H502c L2 might fill this role nicely.

If anyone has any other comparable full flood choices they would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast

Can you describe what the tint is like on your H502c L2 too please? Is it greenish? Magenta/rosey? Etc? Thanks.

roger-roger

Enlightened
If you decide to further your search to other tints, I'm finding the H502W L2 to be an enjoyable reading light, that also works well in small rooms and enclosed spaces. My example seems to run a bit cooler than I would have expected, but I've taken a liking to the that.

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
In general, I agree that the pure-mule Zebras (302/502/602/603) are mostly for indoor work, and are at their best for arm's-length work.

But I should also say that I take my dog out for a walk every night using an H502w clipped to my chest pocket, and it gives us both plenty of light for walking.

If I were riding a bike, then it would be no good--traveling at higher than walking-speed, you need to see further ahead.

But my dog and I are both old dogs with short legs, and at our ambling speed, the H502w gives plenty of coverage of the ground for the next 6-8 meters.

(I also carry my SC600 HI for throw when needed).

mico

Newly Enlightened
Can you describe what the tint is like on your H502c L2 too please? Is it greenish? Magenta/rosey? Etc? Thanks.
Mine has a tint similar to the SC5fc, warm white*, but perhaps a little cooler, although that may be a trick of there being slightly less illumination when comparing.

Perfect for reading, although for creeping around the house I now prefer the SC5fc - I've got over my mule obsession and have more control of where the light goes with the latter.

Tail standing for a wall bounce is good as you can avoid looking into the lens, although I find the floody models with diffuse lenses to be not too unpleasant or distracting.

It wins in the cuteness competition too. Very small, compact and sturdy.

* Of course compared to a 'd' model I'd have to say it had a golden hue.

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have an H502c. But I DO have an SC62c and H600Fc. The SC62c has the exact same emitter as the H502c. And I can tell you that the tint is virtually identical to the H600Fc (despite the two being vastly different emitters from different manufacturers). If you like the tint of your H600Fc, you will like the tint of the H502c.