Best Power Strips With USB Ports For Cruise Trip & Power Converter/Adapter

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
My family and I will be taking a Caribbean cruise on a Carnival ship in a couple of months. When we went a couple of years ago, they had two outlets in the main cabin. One was for US power and the other for European power. So, I am looking for a travel power adapter. Are they all created equally or are some better than others? I did see one at Best Buy that had a built in USB port. That could be handy. Since many here have likely used all sorts of different power adapters and converters, I look to you to help me select a good one.

I am also looking for a power strip that has built in USB ports. I gather that not all of those are created equally. I am inclined to get one that has the highest amount of current available on the USB ports.

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you very much for the tip on the XTAR SIX-U U1 45W 6-Port USB Charger. I wish I would have known about that when I bought the PowerAdd USB Adapter AR-2815. At the time, it seemed to have the most high power USB ports, but only two of them are 2.4 amp, two more are 2.1 amp, and two are only 1 amp. I might have to give this to one of my sons and get the XTAR U1 for me!

I have also been eyeing up the Insignia Nongrounded Power Adapter from Best Buy. I gather that I can jsut plug my USB adapter into this and then into the EU plug and I should be good to go!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insigni...2&skuId=5014118#tab=buyingOptions?bof=openbox

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anker PowerPort 6

Well, we returned from the cruise a couple of days ago and got by with the old device. Now, I am back in the shopping mode and ran across the Anker PowerPort 6. Can I do better than this? Are there any other features that would make the XTAR SIX-U U1 better?

Last edited:

menaxiao

Newly Enlightened
In my last travel, I took a bestek power strip with 2 outlets and 2 USB ports, and also with 3 plug adapters. For me, this power strip is enough. I'm surprised with the extra plug adapters. That allows me to travel in many other countries.