• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Klarus XT11GT PWM

aL01

Newly Enlightened
I got the Klarus XT11GT which has PWM...a slight flickering and low buzzing sound on Turbo Mode which goes away after approximately 5 seconds...

I'm confused about this, is this really just an annoyance that can be lived with, or is it a defective torch that needs replacement?

In other words, is this light dying and the PWM is the symptom, or is this PWM just the way this torch works?

Thanks!

Mr Baz

Newly Enlightened
I have this model I see no flickering (to my eyes) there is a slight buzzing sound it's not very audible on my sample and does away after a while

Siggystyle

Newly Enlightened
I also have this model and have not yet noticed any buzz/humming... I will double check though... I also haven't noticed any flickering (althought the light is pretty new and doesn't have much runtime yet - so I might not have enough experience with it for credibility)... It has probbably only run for about an hour lifetime so far... I have been hammering the different modes though, just familiarize myself with the UI... Is there a particular mode/group that gives you the flickering (only turbo giving you the buzz/humming)??

aL01

Newly Enlightened
I was using a Samsung 30Q battery in it...

Someone suggested using a different battery, so I replaced the 30Q with a KeepPower 3500, and NO MORE PWM....

That's it, fixed... :D

EDIT: The flicker is gone, but the low buzzing has returned, and the KeepPower is a 'high drain' battery.

I only use one mode, not sure which mode it is...

Last edited: