Nitecore TM06s issue

Tadman1973

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone. I've been the proud owner of a TM06s for some time now. I've had to return the first one due to some issues with it not turning on when I click the button and turning on when I don't want it to. Unfortunately, the second one I received, turns on whenever it wants to, and usually on turbo. I've gone through 2 holsters already because I don't notice the light is on until it is too late, and the flap is burned through. Is there any suggestions to keep this from happening? A lock mode or something perhaps.

ven

Flashaholic
Sorry to hear, i tend to unscrew tail cap(on this light a good 2-3 times) to break contact or lock out!. It is a variable on the cell length, to how many turns(undone).

This will stop any parasitic drain and also stop accidental activation.

Tadman1973

Newly Enlightened
I was hoping for some sort of lock option. Oh well, I'll start unscrewing it then. I'm purchasing a Thrunite TN36UTvn here in the next week or so, so my Nitecore might get set to the side and rarely used. It's too bad for the money I paid.

ckeilah

Newly Enlightened
Same problems here. Did Nitecore replace the holsters or did you have to buy them? Mine also melted its own lanyard. This light seriously needs a LOCK OUT switch that's quick & easy to turn back on, but protects us from dangerous (fire hazard) turn ons and parasitic draining of JUST TWO of the (now no longer) "married" batteries. This light came very close to being my perfect EDC, but no lock out, uneven parasitic draw, and autonomous ON HIGH are deal killers. I want my money back! ;-p

EDIT: Ok, so I actually read the manual. doh!

<quote--orange highlight is mine>
WARNING:
1. Do not mix batteries of different types/brands.
2. When the TM06S is stored in a backpack or left unused for extended periods, Nitecore recommends the tailcap is loosened to cut off the power entirely, thus preventing accidental activation of the flashlight.

On/Off Operation
To turn on: press the side switch all the way down until a "click" is heard;To turn off: press the side switch all the way down again until a "click" isheard to turn the light off and enter standby mode.
Standby mode: In standby mode, press the side switch partway down toactivate the power indicator to flash once every three seconds, thushelping users locate the flashlight in dark conditions. To turn off the powerindicator, press the side switch half way down again.

In standby mode, the TM06S operates for up to 40 days with the powerindicator on and up to 138 days with the power indicator off.
</quote>

So, it looks like a quick ~1cm twist of the tailcap (you should NOT unscrew it 2-3 turns--you're just asking for stripped threads and/or lost tailcap and batteries) solves two of the major problems. I guess I'll wait and see if it also resolves the parasitic drain on only two batteries. Still, it's kind of a PITA to have to twist the tailcap, then hit the button, to get a flashlight to come on. :p

Last edited: