• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Olight S-Mini Cu Warranty/Lens Replacement

TR3

Newly Enlightened
Hi all who reads this! My apologies in advance for the length of this first post.

I'm hoping that someone here is willing to assist me regarding repair of my Cu Olight S Mini. I had a mishap while working and my Olight got damaged. The light fell near a heat source and the TIR lens got distorted/melted in one corner as well as the black material used around the spring in the tube. The light still powers on however more force must be used on the button for activation.

I contacted Olight through email on 1/9/2017 explaining the situation and that the light still powered on but a couple of parts needed replacing (lens & material around spring). I was upfront and explained that I understood it probably wouldn't be covered under warranty on their dime but was looking at what the repair cost would be on my behalf.

Someone from Olight responded the same day (1/9/2017) informing me that "Unfortunately we don't have replacement parts like that for these limited edition lights since we have stopped producing them already. It is also difficult and very time consuming to put this much work into one. I can give you a 20% off discount code for a new light if you would like though." <--(quote is copy/pasted).

I know that my my limited edition Cu Olight S Mini packaging box has "Quality 5 year Warranty Promise" so Olights response had me a little confused that they have a 5 year warranty on a light but are unable to source parts even when/if the customer may be paying for repairs. Because of this confusion I immediately emailed Olight back on the same day. I asked if they're telling me that the company Olight, who made the light, doesn't carry or have any spare lenses or other parts to repair lights in the event that a light fails whether under warranty as well as those outside of warranty? I never heard anything back. I sent the same email a second time on 1/17/2017 asking and still haven't received any response regarding this.

This post is to see if anyone can give me any guidance as I'm not well versed in how these light companies handle warranty work/parts. Is there a TIR lens that can be purchased somewhere that will fit? Should I try emailing again? Just take my lose any move on? Any info/help will be greatly appreciated.

TR3

Newly Enlightened
That's crazy, how would they then handle a warranty claim?, just replace it?

I may not completely understand what you're asking but I would hope that it would be handled just like any other warranty but with the expectation of cost being on my dime. To be honest, the lens already had what looked like very small stress crack in the same area straight out the box (assuming it's from press fitting the bezel) which is something that wasn't present on my other 3 Olights. It didn't affect the beam pattern so I didn't bother inquiring about it.

If these lights arent actually being repaired anywhere within the warranty guidelines or outside of it then no, I would not expect them to do a complete replacement. I'm just trying to understand where a 5 year warranty in this case comes into play if Olight doesn't have any parts like the lens to repair.

firsttothescene

Enlightened
That's what I mean, if they have no parts to fix the light if an issue comes up from a defective part I would assume they would have to replace the entire light.

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's what I mean, if they have no parts to fix the light if an issue comes up from a defective part I would assume they would have to replace the entire light.
Because they limited edition they couldn't replace them with the same model. They should release a S Mini in aluminum, then they'd have the spare parts Ti do warranty work.