• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Fenix T47vn - Dual Purpose Thrower

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Thinking out loud...

I never really really like deep narrow reflectors. They kill spill beam width without adding that much throw...This light tail cap and a T21vn head would be ideal. So if this light is not all that as a thrower I think making it an XH50/70 Flooder might make more sense....Massive flood out front and long runtime soft flood rear end...What yall think? DriverVNX2 would be great too. But come to think about it that much modding would make the light too expensive and that cant be good for business...LOL

Last edited:

ProCharger

Enlightened
With the numbers published above I think the bottom line becomes the price. It doesn't have the wow factor that can bring in the customers unless it is priced right. But then again I may be way off...

Would be competing closely with the eagtac m30cvn with those numbers.

Edit: Curious, this light boosted is under 1400 lumens, the tn42 using the same emitter has over 2000 lumens?

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
With the numbers published above I think the bottom line becomes the price. It doesn't have the wow factor that can bring in the customers unless it is priced right. But then again I may be way off...

Edit: Curious, this light boosted is under 1400 lumens, the tn42 using the same emitter has over 2000 lumens?

2 cell VS 4 cell.
Also deep narrow reflector kills OTF lumen

Even with just a power boost this light would cost at least $155...

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, your option for making this a xhp50 flooded might be out of the equation now because fenix just released a ultimate edition with xhp70 for 3200 lumens and 408 meters for $155.

drummer132132

Enlightened
I had high hopes for a drivervnx2 version of the TK47 while retaining the tail cap light working. Doesn't sound like it's going to happen. If someone wants that it's probably going to be a private email for custom job. For an xhp35 hi version with drivervnx2 probably can't refocus it if you want to retain decent spill/throw combination. Just get the better ui with a boost in output for around 150kcd'ish. Not bad but not good enough for a run.

Will you be testing drivervnx2 just to see if the tail cap light still works with drivervnx2? I'm betting it does since the design of the light just powers the tail cap light.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Now we are cooking!
TK47vn with XHP50 Diffused Dome + DriverVNX2
Amazing! ;-)

Over 3200 Lumen
Great beam and throw too ;-)
More info to come

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Wish I can sell for cheaper but until I can buy in bulk to pass on the saving Fenix lights will continue to be expensive

$220 XHP50 Cool White 7000K:
Lumen: 3300
Lux: 150K
Throw: 775m

ven

Flashaholic
That would make a great camping or house type light. xhp50 in neutral for lighting the way, tail cap for close up uses...............with fenix build quality! Extra flexibility with vinhs driver to fine tweak modes...............:cool:

drummer132132

Enlightened
Just bought the 5000k version of this light for multiple uses. Like Ven mentioned camping, house, general walks around the neighborhood with the bonus of being decently tactical if needed for defense due to long design. I debated about the catapult but found this light to hit more of the check marks. Even would be good for the car or work even. Tail light I think adds good signaling ability without blinding anyone. Drivervnx2 is of course a superior UI so. Great throw and great output.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
$225 XHP50.2 Cool White (Smooth Reflector) 6500K
Lumen: 3700
Lux: 130K
Throw: 721m

$225 XHP70.2 Neutral White (OP refelctor) 5000K

Lumen:
Lux:
Throw:

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
so a gain of about 300 lumens but the lux went down from 150k to 130k vs the previous XHP50 version? looking forward to 70.2 results.