No Mini in 1XAA?

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I was checking out the 4/7 site and noticed no Mini mark 2 or otherwise in 1XAA. In fact hardly any 1XAA. I think an 1XAA Atom was about it unless mistaken. Strange or did I miss something. On a side note the 2XAA mini is a really great light. Like my older one.

You haven't missed anything. They only have the one Atom listed. 4sevens4 has one Quark AA listed.

I'd kick myself in da butt if I could. There was a 4Sevens Quark AA listed on the Bay that I forgot to bid on Monday morning.

:ohgeez:~ Chance

Woods Walker

You haven't missed anything. They only have the one Atom listed. 4sevens4 has one Quark AA listed.

I'd kick myself in da butt if I could. There was a 4Sevens Quark AA listed on the Bay that I forgot to bid on Monday morning.

:ohgeez:~ Chance
Already got the Quark AA on the way for 22 bucks and a 1XCR123 tactical with clip for same low price which I intend to use for a headband kit. Like to have a headband and flashlight kit for a backup when hiking. My NW Mini is still in use.

The 2XAA mini works great with 2XAA headlamps to save weight and still offer a backup.

Still I wonder what's up. It's kinda worrying in some ways and more so given the backdrop of issues with the smart lights. Then again there are other new products though for the most part I am not interested in those.

Woods Walker

In the end got a 1XAA pro and 1XCR123 tactical Quark on Ebay. Will lego the parts for the exact 1XAA light I want. Too bad that's what it takes these days to get a 1XAA 4/7 light.

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can look at the bright side - you paid less than what a QTA used to cost, and have a spare QPL to play with too!

Yep, too bad. That's a surefire pain in the butt. :sigh:

~ Chance

:crackup: Good one, Chance!

If they could have landed a patent for a threaded aluminum tube, they would have, and enforced it.

Woods Walker

Yep, too bad. That's a surefire pain in the butt. :sigh:

Will you use a 14500 battery in your Quark lego?

~ Chance

Right now running the 1XCR123 tactical on a Fenix 16340 for EDC but will probably do the lego thing within a few weeks. I tried a Keeppower protected 14500 in another Quark1XAA/1XCR123. It didn't fit all that great but worked. Guess I could try another brand but that's not my intention with this gear item. Will probably run Lithium primaries AA. Quarks are not the most durable or efficient lights I own but they're UL and reliable. That means something so I like them in ER/PSK kits like below.

But really liking the Tactical UI despite the legionary Quark preflash. LOL! So finding it hard to pack away these new lights in another kit.

pomah

Newly Enlightened
Just a suggestion, the pre flash people speak about for me it happens when I losen the head a little and turn the light on, what happens then is that I mecahnicly push the head to inwards and the light thinks that it is fully tightened. When I unscrew the head more this does not happen. Just a suggestion to everyone thinking the the preflash is software related...

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Please bring back a single CR2. I love single CR2 lights. More refined... With a reflector. I loved the old CR2 MiNi, one of the best lights ever, and I carry my Ti. Version daily, with the travel/TSA days excluded...just in case.

I should have bought more of them. I may have to buy some of the MiNi single cell CR123's. Yes, yes, that's how it should be. Spares!

Any consideration to a new CR2 replacement to the old MiNi would be wonderful.

Thank you,

Best wishes,

RL

Woods Walker

Just a suggestion, the pre flash people speak about for me it happens when I losen the head a little and turn the light on, what happens then is that I mecahnicly push the head to inwards and the light thinks that it is fully tightened. When I unscrew the head more this does not happen. Just a suggestion to everyone thinking the the preflash is software related...

It's happened to me when I never touched the head. Sometimes it happens other times not for me but will keep what you said under consideration. That said the issue doesn't really bother me.

Woods Walker

Just me and my pack today. No other foot prints beyond critters and odds are it will stay that way till spring or a good melt.

That's kinda why I like the old Quarks and my Minis. Not really too many issues but also not the brightest or the longest running these days. Still I trust them to work and that means something out here. Quark 2XAA mini within my headband kit. This is backup for the headlamp so like to use the same battery type so everyone is playing on the same team.

The new or rather new but old model Quarks as again there is no 1XAA updated mini/quark.

Quark tactical 1xCR123 in the headband. My other 1XCR123 lights are too big for this job and again trust these lights. So when packing CR123 will go with this. If packing 1XAA will go with the Quark 1XAA with maybe some Lego action.

Left 1XCR123 Quark G2 and on the right 2XAA Mini G1.

Left 1XCR123 Quark G2 and on the right 1XAA Quark G2. Always felt the CW tint on all my G2 Quarks was better than XM-L1 or XP-G1 Quarks. The XP-E NW 1XAA mini has a fantastic tint but that's in another kit.

Darn shame I couldn't have purchased a new 1XAA Mini or some kinda newer Quark in 1XAA but at least I still was able to find a 4/7s.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Love the AA Minis, the light so nice I bought it thrice (old pic)..
28315871645_f7a2f512d9_o.jpg

Love the orange. It just makes so much sense if it's dropped or even way down in a backpack.

I just purchased this from Gunga.

From the listing -
It's a 5A3 tint, I believe neutral xpe for pleasant tint and some throw.
ccWlqs0.jpg

Photo Credit -
Gunga.

~ CG

Woods Walker

Yup. The the NW 1XAA mini. The XR-E and Gen 1 XP-E had some nice tinted NWs. Yea the LED type, Bin etc isn't tint but some runs are just better than others. These rocked. Once saved my a@@ from stepping on a timber rattler 3 hours into a night hike/camp. Had the mini on a headband for a headlamp. Have some pics someplace of that.

Well, good fortune has shine upon me a fifth time. I just received another polished Ti. Mini AA. I don't really want to sell the Mini on the left in the picture below. However, I do feel kinda guilty having two. If you want a warm, polished Ti. Mini AA hit me with a PM. We'll talk.

~ Chance

Good fortune has shined upon me four times.

~ Chance
LEO8LiL.jpg

Last edited: