• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Olight S1 / S1R / S mini help!

MightyMouse131

Newly Enlightened
Ok so first off I'm new here and new to the flashlight world. I've been carrying my HDS ra clicky tactical for a very long time now. I've recently been eyeing all 3 of these lights (mostly for the size) for a few days now. Now I can't decide which one to get!! Any advice from you guys? Pros cons between each? Any of them to stay away from maybe?

Khsaccali

Newly Enlightened
I'm new to CPF too, so I can't break that question down like others, but I bought a S Mini ti rainbow pvd a month ago and it is great. It is very small, plenty bright, very durable so far, and looks cool, I think.

Mr Baz

Newly Enlightened
Not used the Mini but I did review the S1R you can have a look here if it helps:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAeEPqBwEdo

The S1R is a bit smaller than the S1 and has higher output light is very evenly spread out on both. I prefer it to the S10R III which I also reviewed. For the size it's quite an impressive light can't comment on the S Mini as I've not used it

MightyMouse131

Newly Enlightened
Nice review. I do like the fact that the S1R is rechargeable. I guess my main concern with the S1R is does it work as good with standard CR123A batteries as it does with their "custom" battery. Like I said earlier I carry my HDS all the time and I always have spare CR123A batteries with me as well.

Do_the_fandango

Newly Enlightened
New to CPF, and have no knowledge to share; just here for the updates as these are questions I'm also interested in.

whooda4

Newly Enlightened
Nice review. I do like the fact that the S1R is rechargeable. I guess my main concern with the S1R is does it work as good with standard CR123A batteries as it does with their "custom" battery. Like I said earlier I carry my HDS all the time and I always have spare CR123A batteries with me as well.
I have the S1r and the H1R nova and they appear to be fine with standard cr123a. The only thing is the turbo doesn't seem to be quite as bright, but I only use that for the wow factor anyway.

Mr Baz

Newly Enlightened

It will work with other batteries but only the custom one can charge in the torch. Also the S1R has a high turbo mode it will trip the protection on the circuit on some cells at top setting even the standard Olight ones. You need something like a Keepower 700mAh 16340 (same size) that has a rated 2.59w and can handle the higher drain of turbo. If you don't use the turbo much it won't matter any other cells will work