Laptop pack almost went poof!

RCM

Enlightened
Like the title says, was working on a Dell laptop here, the battery pack got VERY hot! I pulled it out of the machine and brought it outside where it can't do any harm if it does go :poof:
Not risking my house for a laptop!

Gauss163

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please post the model number of the battery pack. Was it an official Dell battery or a third-party clone?

daan_deurloo

Newly Enlightened
Probably Sanyo cells inside.

Same happened to me when charging externally and it was on 13v. ( 12,59V when charging with the packs internal pcb ).

Went hot and did the same to you, let it cool down and deplete it fully and charge it again. It worked again if nothing happened.

But still i wouldn't trust it afterwards. A knock off battery isn't that expensive.

RCM

Enlightened
Probably Sanyo cells inside.

Same happened to me when charging externally and it was on 13v. ( 12,59V when charging with the packs internal pcb ).

Went hot and did the same to you, let it cool down and deplete it fully and charge it again. It worked again if nothing happened.

But still i wouldn't trust it afterwards. A knock off battery isn't that expensive.

Yeah, I tried that and it still got hot, not trusting it and I replaced it with a knock off