• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Seattle 2 New York City Road Trip March 13-22

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I want to share something special with my CPF family here :)
I will be driving to New York City and then fly back for this trip
This is one of my child hood dream just like the Corvette :)
Will be the most amazing 10 consecutive days of my life
As an immigrant I personally consider that you are not an American until you touch New York City with your hands
On March 4th at 6:25AM Pacific Time my life will take a wild course (More on this later)
I will be doing this trip with a very special person
Help me count down the days!

So....

During this time I will not work much
You may place your order and they will be fulfilled in the order received
I might or might not do a sale to raise funds for this EXPENSIVE trip
I do try not to do sales unless I am really broke or it's a special occasion
Please give me suggestions to all the places I shoudl visit on the drive
We are not in a rush to get there as every moment will be memorable

:)

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Awesome stuff vinh, wow ......what an amazing trip that will be. One of my big wants in life is to do a USA road trip, coast to coast..................

firsttothescene

Enlightened
Yellow stone park, mt Rushmore. More southern route should include grand canyon, sedona, moab (arches national park)...

Capolini

Banned
ohh yaa,keep this in mind!! New York is a bigger city but Philadelphia is the MOST historical city in the nation!:D

Philadelphia was once the Capital of the USA, The Declaration of Independence was signed here along with the US Constitution!;)

EDIT:THOSE TWO DOCUMENTS GAVE US OUR "FREEDOM" AND OUR "RIGHTS". IMPORTANT FOR EVERY AMERICAN, IMMIGRANTS OR NATURAL BORN CITIZENS:thumbsup:

MY GUESS IS YOUR SPECIAL GUEST IS YOUR MOM.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
ohh yaa,keep this in mind!! New York is a bigger city but Philadelphia is the MOST historical city in the nation!:D

Philadelphia was once the Capital of the USA, The Declaration of Independence was signed here along with the US Constitution!;)

EDIT:THOSE TWO DOCUMENTS GAVE US OUR "FREEDOM" AND OUR "RIGHTS". IMPORTANT FOR EVERY AMERICAN, IMMIGRANTS OR NATURAL BORN CITIZENS:thumbsup:

MY GUESS IS YOUR SPECIAL GUEST IS YOUR MOM.:thumbsup:

You are right about everything except for my mom part :)

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice trip, good for you. If there is anything specific you want to do (or know) when you get here and you want advice or guidance in regards there are quite a few of us that live here so feel free to ask.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I have not done any research yet so I will google map all suggestions and then draw up a driving plan :)

Let me know all the recommendations :)

ProCharger

Enlightened
I have a little over $600 in lights that has been sitting in my shopping cart on skylumen for about 2 weeks now waiting on tax return, if you go through St. Louis would you hand deliver?!?! :p;):p

Enjoy your trip Vinh!

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
What route are you taking? That would help. It really is a great experience to drive across the country. I have done it many, many times. You will love it. Nice time of the year to do it, too.

Make sure you take notes along the way, that is something I wish I had done much more of, and well I don't have to say photos. Also, on an adventure like this, never eat at a chain restaurant, always go local... If it is bad, well, that is part of the journey. NYC has wonderful food, and the locals here on the forum can help you a great deal more with that.

You are right, everyone should see New York City.

In fact, I was there last week for a small photo shoot in Manhattan, and then down to Philadelphia to collect our Philadelphia cat and bring her to the desert. While we were there the Vice President was in town to give a speech to a small group at Independence Hall, so I covered that short trip, a 40 minute speech. It was great to tour Independence Hall with the VP.

Just a thought, since it is so close you may want to drop in on Philadelphia, it really is right next door, and the entire history of the country is there. They also have some fantastic food there as well, it really is a cool city. To be more accurate it was a cold city on this visit. However it is an option open for you should you decide.

Enough about that, I wish to congratulate you on a very wise decision to take a such grand trip, you will love every second of it, and will have no regrets. Please give us reports along the way, if you feel you would like too, I love to hear of others travel adventures.

Good luck,

With all best wishes to both yourself and your traveling companion on what sounds like a fantastic time,

RedLED

PS... "Money spent traveling, is money well spent." -- RedLED, CPF Member

Last edited:

chops728

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hopefully the weather is better in a month--would be a SH----------TY drive if it's like it is now

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have not done any research yet so I will google map all suggestions and then draw up a driving plan :)

Let me know all the recommendations :)

Lower Manhattan; Liberty Island/Ellis Island (try to get 'Hard Hat' tickets which sellout weeks in advance), 911 Museum, Freedom Tower (have lunch up there), Battery Park, American Museum of the American Indian (free, it's the old British Customs house), Museum of Jewish Heritage (free Wednesdays), Wall Street Area, Frances Tavern (have a beer where George Washington did), South Street Seaport & Historic section. All in proximity and most can be knocked out in a day (a long one ;))

Midtown; Times Sq., Grand Central Station, NYC Library (it's worth the walk through), catch a Broadway show, Empire State Building, Macys/Bloomingdales, take an architectural walking tour, have a dirty water dog. All in proximity/walking distance, just like above.

Further north you have Central Park, many museums, and Lincoln Center. Also remember St. Paddys day is 3/17. It's the largest parade in the country and will take place along 5th Avenue. It's a very busy day/night as far as bars and restaurants go.

Most don't hit the outer boroughs but if your interested I can make suggestions in regards.

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned
You are right about everything except for my mom part :)

Ah,,well, my guess about your Mom was wrong! lol!

I better be right about the rest of the info.!

I have lived in the suburbs of Philadelphia since 1967[wow!! 50 years now!] and before then a town 50 miles away from Philly called Bethlehem,Pa. since 1962!

Besides that, every American High School student should have learned that in their History classes!;)

peabody

Enlightened
hmmm, somebody is flying in to Seattle at 6:25 am Saturday morning on the fourth. This person is riding back to New York in one of your vehicles or a rental.'
Could it be a female you have been corresponding with from the homeland that is coming to be with the Mighty Vinh?
If it's your vehicle then you are taking her to live there and giving her one of your cars and you will be coming back alone.
If you are renting the ride then you are taking her on a tour of the USA and if things go good you will get married under the Statue of Liberty on the 21st or 22nd. Then mr and mrs Nguyen will fly back to Seattle and live happily ever after.
But then again your rider might be a family member from home that wants to see our country.
Either way dude I hope Wayne isn't too pissed you will be leaving him alone again. Better give him a raise!

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I now clearly visualize a pic posted of you posing with The next Big Thing on the pedestrian walkway of the Brooklyn Bridge.

Have fun and be safe! :)

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
Further north you have Central Park, many museums, and Lincoln Center.

Vinh, come through central IL. We have a Central Park, boring museums, and all of the ACTUAL Lincoln stuff. Plus you can see miles and miles of cornfields like you've never seen before. Drive past the world's largest corn processing facility. See cows and horses out in the fields. Experience being stopped by a train. Gain an understanding of just how flat the prairies are. Get a real feel for the "red states".

Am I hard selling this enough yet? Hahaha.

Tadman1973

Newly Enlightened
I would recommend driving through the Rockies but it looks like the route will take you far to the north of us. If you decide to take such a detour, you will be impressed with the natural beauty God created. Have a safe trip and enjoy.