leds that imitate clear incandescent

numbbers

Newly Enlightened
I have several patio sconces around my pool area that use candelabra base clear incandescent bulbs, and I like the warm yellow glow. However in my continuing quest to replace all of my lighting with leds, are their any leds that I can use that will retain the warm yellow of the incandescents?

Canuke

Enlightened
A few questions: Does "warm yellow" mean the standard look of incandescents, a.k.a. 2700k? IF so, there are plenty of options readily available.

However, your application being more decorative, perhaps even warmer might be up your alley. As well as 2700k, there are candelabra-based 2200k bulbs you can find on Amazon that have this warmer, almost candle-like glow, that might be more suited to the look you want. Look for the ones with yellow "filaments" in them; in addition to having the warm glow, they often look more like traditional incandescents without the big white heatsink base.

Are these on a dimmer circuit? If so, another option would be to fetch some of the Philips candelabra base with the "Warm Glow" feature. I have a bunch of these in our dining room candelabra, and they are very convincing in their mimicry of the warming color temperature, from 2700k to 2200k as they dim, until you get to the very low end. These have the aforementioned white bases though.