• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Cheers to Customlites

lingpau

Newly Enlightened
Just bought a Solarforce P1D Flashlight with P6 type LED drop in and 18650 Solarforce battery from Customlites. Works fantastic on 2 123A batteries! At least 800+lumens. I went to put the new 18650 battery in my Ultrafire universal Li-ion battery charger and it did NOT fit! I damaged the new battery trying to fit it in! I did NOT buy the charger from Customlites. (I got it from DX). Beware of this issue. Dave, the owner of Customlites told me to ship the damaged battery back to him. I am buying a Solarforce charger from him for the 18650 battery and he is throwing in another new battery for free! This is not a cheap battery. Customlites has the best customer service I have ever seen. I damaged a new battery in a charger from another seller and he replaced the battery! This is not my first good experience with Dave from Customlites. Dave cares for his customers.

lingpau

Newly Enlightened
Actually, it still works great after 6 years of use charging my 6 14500 lithium batteries. I only recently discovered that the 18650 batteries don't fit when I bought the new light and batteries. Yes, it was an inexpensive DX product, but it still works on most of the batteries listed on the back. I am interested in what DX has to say when I tell them their 6 year old charger does not work on 18650 batteries listed as usable in the charger. On the other hand, my EXPENSIVE Surefire charger for the Surefire B65 battery is useless! Surefire stopped making the batteries. Sometimes more expensive items also have issues. Even expensive Sure"FIRE" products!

Last edited:

Mattj96

Newly Enlightened
I had a great experience with this vendor as well! I screwed up my new warm xml2 drop in by trying to force it into my p60 without trimming the spring. David was very understanding, allowing me to send it back and repaired it for free. Turn around was a week too, will definitely be buying here again.
On a related note, I want to make sure I don't fry another drop in. What is the rule of thumb for trimming the spring? I understand if I want to use it in a 6p body (with cryos m2 bezel) I need to cut a couple of wraps from the larger spring. I also ordered a p1d, did OP have to trim the outer spring? What about in an solarforce L2P?

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a great experience with this vendor as well! I screwed up my new warm xml2 drop in by trying to force it into my p60 without trimming the spring. David was very understanding, allowing me to send it back and repaired it for free. Turn around was a week too, will definitely be buying here again.
On a related note, I want to make sure I don't fry another drop in. What is the rule of thumb for trimming the spring? I understand if I want to use it in a 6p body (with cryos m2 bezel) I need to cut a couple of wraps from the larger spring. I also ordered a p1d, did OP have to trim the outer spring? What about in an solarforce L2P?

Solarforce sockets are straight; they don't taper like the SF C and P hosts, so you probably don't need to trim the spring for use in Solarforce hosts.
In general, trim the spring if you can feel it bottom out. Curious how you fried yours in a SF host...

Mattj96

Newly Enlightened
Solarforce sockets are straight; they don't taper like the SF C and P hosts, so you probably don't need to trim the spring for use in Solarforce hosts.
In general, trim the spring if you can feel it bottom out. Curious how you fried yours in a SF host...
Thank you, this is very helpful. I don't know how I did it, some kind of short I think. I didn't need the driver replaced so I am not entirely sure how or why lol.