"HIGH" End Self Contained HID's ..?

bulbmogul

Enlightened
Looking to add a few more over the top self contained, factory made HID Lights to add to the fleet.Anything new out that I am not aware of anyone..? Only want the ELITE TOP Dogs to add...

BVH

Flashaholic
Last edited:

hahoo

Enlightened
Probably doesn't quite fit your self-contained bill of goods because it's tethered but how about the 175 Watt Megaray?

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...e-Right-Time&p=3904099&viewfull=1#post3904099

Then modify it similar to what I did here:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...e-Right-Time&p=4002535&viewfull=1#post4002535

Find a LarryK14 that someone will give up:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...for-LarryK14&p=3612201&viewfull=1#post3612201

any guess to the lumens that would out out ?

bulbmogul

Enlightened
Looking for lights similar to Surefire Arc2-8c, Surefire Hellfighter5, Superpower, all hand held self contained expensive "FACTORY" Lights..Wonder if Surefire is to release anything new..?

LED1982

Newly Enlightened
It's not even a matter of question the XeRay XV-LX70 is what you're missing! Matter of fact it's what we're both missing, it might definitely be my next light.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only thing that comes to mind is the Night Reaper. Night Reaper isn't to be confused for the Polarion built light. Night Reaper Systems builds the heavily militarized version of the light.

BVH

Flashaholic
I would think the Night Reaper would be a disappointment after having the LeMax Superlight and/or Xevision version. It looks Big and knarly but it's still only a 50 watt HID.

hahoo

Enlightened
It's not even a matter of question the XeRay XV-LX70 is what you're missing! Matter of fact it's what we're both missing, it might definitely be my next light.

it might definitely be my next light ???
thought you already pulled the trigger on one of these ?

LED1982

Newly Enlightened
it might definitely be my next light ???
thought you already pulled the trigger on one of these ?

I pulled the trigger on the Superpower version, I was talking about the regular version in that post. Having a pair of XeVisions would sure be nice!

BVH

Flashaholic
175 watt hid is 2200 lumens? Is that a typo?

No typo. It's a pure Xenon Short Arc lamp so Lumens per Watt are considerably lower than AC automotive type Metal Halide lamps. Look at what Matt@Peakbeam just posted in the Maxabeam Question thread. ..........Current lights run at 85 Watts and put 1800 Lumens out the front............. - about 21 Lumens per Watt. The 175 Cermax lamp is putting out a little less at about 12.5 Lumens per Watt.

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only thing that comes to mind is the Night Reaper. Night Reaper isn't to be confused for the Polarion built light. Night Reaper Systems builds the heavily militarized version of the light.

From everything I have been able to ascertain the night reaper is not in serial production. Ken seems to have "flown below the radar" for more than 2 years now (08/2014). I know customers that bought from us after trying to contact him, to no avail. Its a tough market right now, when your primary customer base is military and not much product diversification.

Last edited:

Matt@PeakBeam

Newly Enlightened
Look at what Matt@Peakbeam just posted in the Maxabeam Question thread. ..........Current lights run at 85 Watts and put 1800 Lumens out the front............. - about 21 Lumens per Watt.

Just to clarify on the Maxa Beam, it is roughly ~1800 lamp lumens, ~1300 OTF Lumens.

Cermax "lamps" (Megaray), although also xenon and will have some traits in common, but are really their own technology with distinct differences.

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
No typo. It's a pure Xenon Short Arc lamp so Lumens per Watt are considerably lower than AC automotive type Metal Halide lamps. Look at what Matt@Peakbeam just posted in the Maxabeam Question thread. ..........Current lights run at 85 Watts and put 1800 Lumens out the front............. - about 21 Lumens per Watt. The 175 Cermax lamp is putting out a little less at about 12.5 Lumens per Watt.

All good points BVH for Xenon Short Arc.
50 watt Metal Halide HID (50 watts to the bulb) is about 105 lumens per bulb watt, 70 watt HID is about 107 lumens per bulb watt and 75 watt HID about 110 lumens per bulb watt. We (XeVision) never go past 80 watts on this specific bulb technology (using Philips DL50 Fatboy for 75 to 80 watts). We mostly use the DL50/740 for 50/70 watt applications (anything above 50 watts). We use 35W standard bulbs mostly for applications of 50 watts and less. At 80 watts its about 112 lumens per bulb watt. These are all bulb lumen numbers not OTF. As another point of reference 35 watt HID (automotive standard) is 91 or 92 lumens per bulb watt. This bulb technology becomes more lumens efficient as wattage increases. A very big jump in lumens per watt bulb efficiency comparing 35 and 50 watts, a steep curve there. Above 50 watts the lumens per watt curve is not so steep and only gets flatter.

Last edited:

bulbmogul

Enlightened
I pulled the trigger on the Superpower version, I was talking about the regular version in that post. Having a pair of XeVisions would sure be nice!
Any update on the status of your new Superpower HID..? Had it yet arrived in the states and any pictures to share..? Looking forward to hearing from you on the arrival of your new light..

bulbmogul

Enlightened
Is there any Factory Stock HID Self Contained Lights that cost more then USD$5000.00 Please link me some in this thread for me to gander at please..

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
We can make a special LV edition (Louis Vuitton®) with a thick gold plating, the LV-XV70 with a special price of $9,750.00, we can do 18K or 24K but 24K is softer so it will be more easily scratched.
Sorry no gandering, this will be "for your eyes only". The perfect accessory to fit in a "manbag", no shoulder strap to detract from the beautiful and sexy searchlight shape.
For the sophisticated exacting buyer who wants only the very best Factory Production Searchlight. Comes with a locking sapphire glass viewing case and a real purple velvet fitted nesting cushion, for it to lay on within the viewing case.
:grin2::sold: ?? , wow that was fast. :grin2:
Maybe I had too much spare time today.

Last edited:

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
We can make a special LV edition (Louis Vuitton®) with a thick gold plating, the LV-XV70 with a special price of $9,750.00, we can do 18K or 24K but 24K is softer so it will be more easily scratched.
Sorry no gandering, this will be "for your eyes only". The perfect accessory to fit in a "manbag", no shoulder strap to detract from the beautiful and sexy searchlight shape.
For the sophisticated exacting buyer who wants only the very best Factory Production Searchlight. Comes with a locking sapphire glass viewing case and a purple fitted nesting cushion, for it to lay on within the viewing case.
:grin2::sold: ?? , wow that was fast. :grin2:
Maybe I had too much spare time today.
You win the Internet today... this was great.