• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

R50 Seeker Pro Issue

slappybabs

Newly Enlightened
I cannot seem to figure out what is wrong with my R50 Pro. When the the light is plugged into the LE base, the light can turn on. When turned on it will only be on one setting. Once I take the light out of the base it will not turn on at all. I have removed the battery, unplugged the base etc all with no cure. The light base will ALWAYS be green when the light is docked. I cant seem to understand whats wrong with it. I have also reached out to Olight via email as well. I was curious if anyone on here have had this issue?

Olightworld

Enlightened
We have verified that some of the batteries are the issue. We had a bad batch from our supplier where the protection circuit was not working so it would overcharge and overdischarge leaving it to not work anymore. If anyone has an issue at all with their battery, please email [email protected] and we will send you a replacement immediately. Thank you.

Spadboy

Newly Enlightened
I've had the same issue with my Olight R50 Seeker Pro LE. Olight replaced the original battery last month but now it's also dead. Anyone know what the output voltage for the charging dock should be? Can't find any specs for the charger.

Spadboy

Newly Enlightened
Disregard.

Input/Output is 12 VDC @ 1.5 A according to the bottom of the charging dock.

Original (Oct 2016) and replacement (June 2017) Olight 26650 batteries both died in the R50 Pro charging dock.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I heard the LE charging dock is over charging the battery and tripping the protection circuit. It seems that in most cases the light has been left on the charger dock for around 30 days before it trips it.

Ruso

Newly Enlightened
If I buy one of this lights now, what are the chances I will get a defective one?

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I buy one of this lights now, what are the chances I will get a defective one?

I would consider getting one without the charging dock and just use your own batteries. That's what I do.

Not sure if they FIXED the problem. I would purchase directly from the manufacturer as to get the latest version.

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
@Ruso, communications with them reveals that they have slip in an update to the charging dock somewhere around April to avoid such issue from "happening". @noboneshotdog suggestion to get the latest batch from their production line is spot-on. :thumbsup: