• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Failed DT70 - be advised

lstmichel

Enlightened
I had a Dt70 fail putty much on arrival - It flickered and died with in a few minutes
I tried new batteries - no luck

I have dispute open with banggood and no response

I can't recommend either this light or Banggood

LumenTodd

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to hear that. I ordered one as well and only 3 of the 4 LED's work so I am going round and round with Banggood, they want me to ship it back to China and pay $60.00 return shipping cost... PayPal dispute is getting escalated later today...

I feel your pain.

LT

lstmichel

Enlightened
Sorry to hear that. I ordered one as well and only 3 of the 4 LED's work so I am going round and round with Banggood, they want me to ship it back to China and pay $60.00 return shipping cost... PayPal dispute is getting escalated later today...

I feel your pain.

LT

with shipping / insurance etc - this was a $300 light.
sadly, I didn't check Banggoods BBB - totally negative.

I'm pondering how much energy I want to put into this.
how do I escalate the paypal thing?

LumenTodd

Newly Enlightened
I went to their "resolution center" and filled out a fairly quick form explaining what's going on and they take it over. Hoping for positives.
LT

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope this doesn't turn into another *insert China Vendor* bash thread.
But....
As a rule of thumb, I generally don't order any lights over the $50 zone from any foreign vendor. For this reason alone. It is too much headache to return defective products. I am not sure that 100% of the fault falls in Banggoods lap. Granted, you would think they would have some sort of QC for expensive items shipped abroad. But, I can imagine that would be expensive depending on the volume of sales. It would be much easier to resolve if they could have some sort of Return label shipped with products and have a pre agreed upon shipping fee for returns. Like $10 or so. That way, when order a item, you know if you are not satisfied, it would only cost you $10 to return it. Something like that would be fair.

After you send all your Videos of the problem to BG, file PP claim and good luck.

PocketLight88

Newly Enlightened
My DN70 failed a week after I received it. It was great while it worked but even then it had its issues. Lesson learned for me that for sure. Good luck getting it resolved!

lstmichel

Enlightened
YEAH - This "warning" is as far as I have the personal cycles for - it probably makes no difference in BG behavior anyway.
I don't have the BG packaging they are asking for ... so I expect to have to abandon the claim, and chalk this up to lessons learned...
oh well

lstmichel

Enlightened
funny (In a sad sort of way)
I also had a DN70 fail - but I purchased it as a groupbuy and ONLY paid $60 for it - so I just wrote it off.
so I have a DN70 and a DT70 fail - I thought I would fight the DT70 ($300) failure but ...

A guy on the CPL forum warned about "Imalent"; but I thought that was a long time ago, thinks have likely changed .... haha NOT

BTW my Dn70 got "burn your hand hot" really fast - and then failed - it is really hard to put the "magic smoke" back into the ASIC's

PocketLight88

Newly Enlightened
Mine would randomly flicker and shut off. The overheat protection wouldn't always work so I had to manually step it down. Then before it finally failed the led display would always read 4.20V (even though it was really 3.74 volts moments before). So I took it apart, wiped it down and It still read 4.2 v. So I took it apart for the night, put it back together in the morning and it wouldn't turn on at all, the display or the led. It never worked after that.

The workmanship of the light is just not up to par. If I would unscrew the lens portion of the head, the reflector would rub against the led!! One time I saw sparks when it contacted the led, I thought I burned it out but it still worked after that.
Bottom line, I would not trust this light.

PocketLight88

Newly Enlightened
I contacted them, surprisingly they responded to me both times, they told me to wipe down the lights contact points and to tighten everything up. It didn't do anything unfortunately.

Now I need a new 26650 light, I like the size and output!

camelight

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to hear all those stories. It's making me angry just read storis like that. Expensive lights like that have to be with high quality and reliability and fine customer service
I almost bought the dt70 myself but i haven't seen any review and seeing so many stories of this light failes

LumenTodd

Newly Enlightened
On arrival... Took it to Vinh, he won't open it up due to many things.
Don't buy this light!

DT707.jpg

bdogps

Enlightened
I contacted them, surprisingly they responded to me both times, they told me to wipe down the lights contact points and to tighten everything up. It didn't do anything unfortunately.

Now I need a new 26650 light, I like the size and output!

Did you reply to them and told them that didn't fix your problem? If you did, what was their response?

lstmichel

Enlightened
Sorry to hear all those stories. It's making me angry just read storis like that. Expensive lights like that have to be with high quality and reliability and fine customer service
I almost bought the dt70 myself but i haven't seen any review and seeing so many stories of this light failes

If we can make folks aware of the product issues and the seller issues, so that they can avoid what we are dealing with, then we take the win.

PocketLight88

Newly Enlightened
Did you reply to them and told them that didn't fix your problem? If you did, what was their response?

I returned the light. Thank you GearBest for giving me a return address in California. Shipping costs would be astronomical for me to ship to China. According to the GB customer service rep I should be getting my refund soon. I dodged a bullet!

lstmichel

Enlightened
I returned the light. Thank you GearBest for giving me a return address in California. Shipping costs would be astronomical for me to ship to China. According to the GB customer service rep I should be getting my refund soon. I dodged a bullet!

good to know - Gearbest actually has a good BBB rating, BG has a completely negative rating (last time I checked)
So I did a PayPal dispute - a kind of binding review - I may or may not get any money back - but at least I am done dealing with BG

Charles BridgTec

Newly Enlightened
I hope this doesn't turn into another *insert China Vendor* bash thread.
But....
As a rule of thumb, I generally don't order any lights over the $50 zone from any foreign vendor. For this reason alone. It is too much headache to return defective products. I am not sure that 100% of the fault falls in Banggoods lap. Granted, you would think they would have some sort of QC for expensive items shipped abroad. But, I can imagine that would be expensive depending on the volume of sales. It would be much easier to resolve if they could have some sort of Return label shipped with products and have a pre agreed upon shipping fee for returns. Like $10 or so. That way, when order a item, you know if you are not satisfied, it would only cost you $10 to return it. Something like that would be fair.

After you send all your Videos of the problem to BG, file PP claim and good luck.

good to know - Gearbest actually has a good BBB rating, BG has a completely negative rating (last time I checked)
So I did a PayPal dispute - a kind of binding review - I may or may not get any money back - but at least I am done dealing with BG

Just got mine in today from BangGood in just 10 days! I have had no issues ever getting products from BangGood so waiting for batteries to charge! Then power it up.

imalent

Enlightened
Hello,
I'm so sorry about your problem.
We will contact banggood at once,we will askl banggood to do for you,they will give you a good reply.

Please trust banggood,trust Imalent.

Thanks very much.

Best regards.

Jasmine