• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired (SOLD) Malkoff Hound Dog Super

LED1982

Newly Enlightened
$200 shipped in the US.

If you want a discounted Malkoff Hound Dog Super that just sat in someone's closet for a few weeks, and just got shined into the back yard, and down the hallway a few times to judge it's power, then this is the light. I loved it at first, really nice looking, awesome looking head and super smooth anodizing, but I just can not fit the form factor into my personal preference. Looks like I have become a fan of only 2 sizes, small enough to slip in the pocket, or a big power monster. This light is way too big for a small light, and way too small to be a big power light IMO. Time for a new home for someone who likes medium sizes.

This is the 6200K cool white, and the MD4 body.

Last edited:

LED1982

Newly Enlightened
Re: Malkoff Hound Dog Super

Oh well I guess the first 24 hours reveals the level of interest. I'll leave it up for a little but anything less than $200 shipped and I'd rather just keep it, I'm not crazy about the form factor but it's still pretty bad a**

astark

Newly Enlightened

I have a Hound Dog Super in cool white and absolutely love it, this is a great deal and somebody is going to be very impressed with their purchase.

I will be watching this thread but what I'm really looking for is a second MD2 M61HOT the wife can easily carry in her purse :)

LED1982

Newly Enlightened

I thought about 4000K but some posters said for being cool white it was still pretty nice. Maybe someone more articulate than me can word this better but it seems like this light wants to be a thrower YET it wants to be a flooder too lol. For being Malkoff's power thrower it seems awfully floody too when I shine the back yard.

LED1982

Newly Enlightened

Ok I guess my poker face is a joke lol I'll drop it to $180 shipped in the US. Don't really wanna sell this low but I'll put the money towards another light with a form factor that I really like.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the warm version and really like it. You're right it floods and throws like crazy. Really nice optic on these.

The low mode is as bright as my Surefire U2 on high mode! And it is really useful for general lighting situations without being stupidly dim like most low modes on these types of lights.

Trouthead

Newly Enlightened
Arrived today (Saturday) for no good reason it took two day to go from Denver to central Wyoming. Guess it was by Pony Express. Great looking light like all Malkoffs. Hard to tell much about the beam as it is 10 AM on a clear sunny day. Haven't had a Malkoff I didn't like so I am sure this will be a good addition to the fleet. Thanks.

LED1982

Newly Enlightened
I noticed that delay, what a rip off lol I thought Priority was a guaranteed 3 day max? Oh well. Yeah I started to miss it a little bit after I mailed it haha, the design when you look inside of that head was so cool looking, and the anodizing SO smooth! If I wasn't such a power whore I would have kept it, but if I can't light up someone's house 3 zip codes away I'm not happy lol. That OR just little pocket lights, no in between IMHO. I hope it adds some flavor to your Malkoff collection!! Definitely a more powerful Malkoff than most.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
I noticed that delay, what a rip off lol I thought Priority was a guaranteed 3 day max? Oh well. Yeah I started to miss it a little bit after I mailed it haha, the design when you look inside of that head was so cool looking, and the anodizing SO smooth! If I wasn't such a power whore I would have kept it, but if I can't light up someone's house 3 zip codes away I'm not happy lol. That OR just little pocket lights, no in between IMHO. I hope it adds some flavor to your Malkoff collection!! Definitely a more powerful Malkoff than most.
Unfortunately priority mail has no guarantee. Only express. This light is defiantly more interesting then most of there lights. Iv been buying vinhs lights for years now and honestly this lights performance is kinda meh for its size. My SDminivn is very close to the performance of this at a fraction of the size. This light would need to hit 2k lumens and 200,000cd of throw for me to justify the size

LED1982

Newly Enlightened
Us power whores are a different breed though, look at McGizmo lovers they are even worse (in our minds) they'll spend $600 for a 500 lumen light. Malkoff, McGizmo, Surefire, they're not really after crazy power. Elzetta is another. I agree the Super Hound Dog was big for it's power but there was something cool about it. I kind of miss it lol.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
Us power whores are a different breed though, look at McGizmo lovers they are even worse (in our minds) they'll spend $600 for a 500 lumen light. Malkoff, McGizmo, Surefire, they're not really after crazy power. Elzetta is another. I agree the Super Hound Dog was big for it's power but there was something cool about it. I kind of miss it lol.
If i was made of money Id be buying McGizmo lights SPY lights and those crazy lights with trits ext. They look amazing. But your paying more for the look of the light apposed to the purpose of a flashlight lol I simply cant afford those lights... I cant justify paying 2-3k on a spy light when i could buy 20 vinh lights for that haha

Kestrel

Flashaholic
As this is a WTS thread in B/S/T, please don't bump the thread with OT discussion; feel free to use PM's or the General discussion subforums. Thanks :)