• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Repair of Olight SR90 - wont turn on

Zivman

Newly Enlightened
I have an Olight SR90 that has stopped working. I tried to contact the vendor for repair, they directed me to the manufacturer. Manufacturer advised me it was likely the battery pack, so I bought a new pack from them and it did not resolve the issue. they refunded me on the pack, but advised they can't fix the light for me as it is too old. Unit was bought from Light Junction in May of 2010.

I would like to get the light working again. for the most part the unit is just dead. Hitting the power switch does nothing. the pack shows it is taking charge, but other than that the light does nothing. Olight tech advised me to try to turn the unit on with it plugged into the charger, still nothing.

Anyone on here repair lights and would like to a go at repairing this one? Not looking for a hand out, will pay for repair if you get it working.

thanks

Zivman

Newly Enlightened
I would be tempted to email Vinh54 at SkyLumen54 at gmail.com and ask him.

he got back to me. sounds like I have a paper weight on my hands. for what it would likely cost in parts to fix, I can get a replacement light (not same brand) that would be equal to or better than the 90....

note to self, stick with Surefire lights....

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sent You a PM.
There is some hope.
Have You tried contacting Olight support directly, if so what was there reply?

Here's a quote from the website:

"After 5 years of purchase: Return the product to Olight and we will repair or replace it. We will assess the fees involved and will let you know once we receive it."

I know that they seal them up making it very hard to get into it making it difficult to modify. The above email is the factory in China. You can also try calling USA support to confirm with them directly at 470 343 5090. Like said however, check the costs don't outweigh the value the light is to You.
GL