good day everyone which battery lantern is brightest?

Subterrestrial

Newly Enlightened
Don't know any lantern with this name.
Did you already look at the lanterns from Fenix?
The CL30R has 650lm.
fenixlighting.com/product/fenix-cl30r-camping-lantern/
fenixlight.com/ProductMore.aspx?id=2212
fenix-store.com/fenix-cl30r-led-camping-lantern/

Raggie's talking about this lantern (on the far left). Like all UST lanterns, it's CW but bright as hell. When I took it camping I set it up kind of out of the way and it casts a nice ambient wash over the campsite.

LiteXpress' Camp71 is very bright, albeit pricey. Two sets of Nichia emitters, CW and WW and together they put out a very bright NW light around 1000 lumens. There's no stop on the bolt that holds the battery compartment closed, so just don't over-tighten it or it will break quite easily. :mad:

Core's 4D lantern is quite bright as well with a nice NW tint. It has an adjustment knob, but it's not really stepless dimming. Still, you do end up with 8 brightness modes and if you're lucky enough you may inadvertently stop in between one and have the light go out entirely which is a barrel of monkeys.

I'm bringing the later two with me camping next week.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Raggie's talking about this lantern (on the far left). Like all UST lanterns, it's CW but bright as hell. When I took it camping I set it up kind of out of the way and it casts a nice ambient wash over the campsite.

LiteXpress' Camp71 is very bright, albeit pricey. Two sets of Nichia emitters, CW and WW and together they put out a very bright NW light around 1000 lumens. There's no stop on the bolt that holds the battery compartment closed, so just don't over-tighten it or it will break quite easily. :mad:

Core's 4D lantern is quite bright as well with a nice NW tint. It has an adjustment knob, but it's not really stepless dimming. Still, you do end up with 8 brightness modes and if you're lucky enough you may inadvertently stop in between one and have the light go out entirely which is a barrel of monkeys.

I'm bringing the later two with me camping next week.
wow my ozark trail latern looks just like the core 3d but the ozarks says its 500 lumens

Shaysrebellion

Newly Enlightened
the cl30r fenix is defective do not buy......

The cl25r is really nice. Its bright, has red, has magnetic base and lasts a long time.

angerdan

Enlightened
warranty

the cl30r fenix is defective do not buy......
YOUR CL30R may be defective. But who knows? How often did you send it to the seller/manufacturer for warranty?
The reviews has been positive, so why should people be not buy it just of one defective unit which hasn't been replaced under warranty by the owner?
amazon.com/rechargeable-camping-batteries-EdisonBright-Batteries/product-reviews/B01HB4WK3M/
candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?424632-Fenix-CL30R-review
candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?423156-Fenix-CL25R-amp-CL30R-comparison-review

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well i have a 60 day ust on the way sadly im not sure if itt is the 508 lumen version or the 1200 lumen, i also have a streamlight sige d cell on the way

Subterrestrial

Newly Enlightened
well i have a 60 day ust on the way sadly im not sure if itt is the 508 lumen version or the 1200 lumen, i also have a streamlight sige d cell on the way
Good choices! Unless you somehow got stuck with some old stock (happens sometimes on Amazon), it should be the updated 1200 lumen version. The Siege is nice, too. Tough little lantern.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Good choices! Unless you somehow got stuck with some old stock (happens sometimes on Amazon), it should be the updated 1200 lumen version. The Siege is nice, too. Tough little lantern.

ill be so bummed if its 508 lumens even thou 200 lumens is great for camping but there is no fun in just being enought i want my capsite to glow lol

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ha come on mailman dont you know this is Avery important delivery

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well its still pretty dang brite even on medium i cant say about low yet do to the moon is out

raggie33

*the raggedier*
yeah amazon is my go to place i figure if it uses the same leds im happy .im not sure if it uses the same led however/. just to it out to the woods and it lights up a huge area

raggie33

*the raggedier*
cool so its the same tech..i love it love laterns even more then flashlights i used to love coleman gas laterns but they are just so out of date now

Subterrestrial

Newly Enlightened
I have an old Coleman propane lantern I inherited from my grandfather. I've taken it camping a few times, but I definitely prefer battery lanterns. They're safer in general and you don't need to be using up propane to run them!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i have a adapter to fill the coleman gren bottles from a 20 gallon tank from a grill..i use em for stoves for emergencys