Replacement Fenix cl30r broken as well, need some advice

Shaysrebellion

Newly Enlightened
So based on this one not working as well Im thinking that the design of this lantern is flawed.

Heres what its doing. It has 3 battery slots. After running the lantern for 3hrs and it being almost dead I pulled the batteries to charge.

Slot one battery is at 4.2v (no power has been used from this battery)
Slot 2 battery is at 3.8v
Slot 3 battery is at 3.63v

Not good for my batteries to put all the load on one battery!!!!

So it seems somehow the batteries are not being drained evenly. I tried insert 1 battery in each slot and cycling between modes. They all work. I put 1 battery in and tested modes with amp meter connected between battery and tailcap. I could get 1.34a pull from each slot.

I do not understand what is happening and why its draining 2 of the batteries unevenly and pulling nothing from the last. Also its giving results for the battery meter from the lowest battery.

This would explain the **** poor runtimes I am getting that do not match factory ratings.
Any advice or ideas?

Also the globe has a deformation bubble at the top seal. So 2 issues with the replacement light. I am not happy with fenix.

Last edited:

Subterrestrial

Newly Enlightened
Why don't you try running it with just two cells until the battery indicator says they are nearly drained and see what happens? Then try the same experiment with just one cell in and see at which point it says it's getting too low. I wonder if it's drawing off of one cell at a time? It wouldn't make much sense to program it that way, but that could possibly be what's happening.