• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Cheers to Atlascycle

fyrstormer

Banned
I don't come around here much these days, as my flashlight collection plateaued a few years ago, but I did come here looking for some help machining some remote-control car parts a few weeks ago. Atlascycle stepped up and offered to do the work for a very reasonable fee, and the parts he modified for me met my needs perfectly.

The first part he machined for me was this clutch bell, which needed to be turned-down to fit into a tight space so I could add a better 2-speed transmission to a car that originally had a very primitive one.

DSC02286.jpg

DSC02294.jpg

DSC02289.jpg

DSC02304.jpg

The other part he machined for me was this gear carrier, which needed to be turned-down *and* trimmed-back so I could fit a different type of gear onto it. This let me install a center differential into an off-road racing truck that had space for one, but no direct-fit options from the manufacturer, to improve its handling.

DSC02309.jpg

DSC02312.jpg

DSC02313.jpg

DSC02320.jpg

DSC01490.jpg

For both parts I sent him spares in case something went wrong, but it turned out to not be necessary, because all of the parts turned out exactly to my specs with no errors. I would definitely send him more work in the future, if I come up with any more crazy ideas.

Last edited: