• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

CHEERS TO HKJ

Capolini

Banned
I wanted to take some time and Thank HKJ for ALL his hard work and efforts. It is appreciated and certainly is not unnoticed by me and I am sure other members as well.

There are many words I can think of to describe him. Dedicated, driven, knowledgeable, ect, ect.

However,I will focus on Four[4] Words/characteristics: PATIENT, POLITE, PROFESSIONAL AND PROMPT!

He is always polite and he is always professional. I need to talk about the other Two[2] because they have applied to my recent experiences with him.He is VERY PATIENT when answering my questions!! V54 knows this well! Anyway, I have a lot of questions, have always been inquisitive and have the ability to ask questions in different ways, dissect them and analyze them! He always answers them and explains them the best that he can. Just in the last week I have emailed him ~ 15 to 20 times! They come in bunches, then at times I will disappear[question wise] for several months.....and he is happy! lol!

One more thing about these questions. This seems to be a coincidence or maybe me along with other members had something to do with it. He is coming out with a new study that pertains to a barrage of questions that I have asked him the last several days!

Since I got the OPUS BT-C3100 2.2 I have had a lot of questions about the results. LSS[Long Story Short]. The voltage meter in the charger is 0.05V high when I take the batteries out and measure them on my DMM.

So my question was: In terms of capacity LOSS[3400mAh], what percentage is 0.05v of the actual capacity?![Capolini loves 4.2v off the charger-ARE-C2!]I also asked if there was a Formula then I would take it from there?!
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is his answer:

"Hi

A real voltage difference of 0.05volt is about 100mAh on the curve below (The red dots for 4.15V are at 2.65mAh and the red dots for 4.20V are at 2.75mAh), but it depends on the battery.
Because you are measuring the voltage just after charge, before it has stabilized, the termination current will also affect the result (That is my blue dots jumping up and down).

And there is no formula, because it varies with too many parameters.

Best regards
Henrik K. Jensen"
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
So if 0.05V is ~100mAh for a 3400mAh battery that would be 2.94% capacity loss!

I will not provide the chart. I am sure he will when he releases his new study.

That is an example of One of my questions and his response. To conclude, that leads to this. He is VERY PROMPT!:thumbsup:

Sometimes[like recently] it is almost like IM'ing! He responds immediately. If the time zone is affected, he certainly will respond the next morning!He is very busy and I just wanted to show my gratitude for his time, patience, promptness, professionalism, politeness, drive and dedication!

THANKS HKJ,,,:twothumbs

You know I had to get my Son in here!!!! If it was not for the BOSS/CHIEF[CAPO] I would never had gotten into flashlights! He thanks HKJ and the forum for ALL the knowledge and fun I have had.

Capo_Spring_2011_028.jpg

Capo_Dog_Park_2015_012.jpg

stephenk

Enlightened
HKJs input to this forum has been invaluable - and has prevented many of us from buying dodgy batteries or chargers. May the reviews continue!

Capolini

Banned
HKJs input to this forum has been invaluable - and has prevented many of us from buying dodgy batteries or chargers. May the reviews continue!

I agree 100%! Not only answers questions but provides detailed reviews which helps me[us] decide on the best batteries/chargers.:thumbsup:

This is funny. I was just reading a thread about stolen beam shot pictures used by Phony flashlight companies/dealers. The last One I saw 2 minutes ago was your Avatar!!!

stephenk

Enlightened
I agree 100%! Not only answers questions but provides detailed reviews which helps me[us] decide on the best batteries/chargers.:thumbsup:

This is funny. I was just reading a thread about stolen beam shot pictures used by Phony flashlight companies/dealers. The last One I saw 2 minutes ago was your Avatar!!!
Think that was Fasttech. GearBest and Convoy have permission to use that photo.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
HKJ is awesome and I have learned so much from him although I'm not on here all the time! :)

Last edited:

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I had to jump in when I saw the title. HKJ dedicates a lot of his valuable time and money to research the products and educates us and saves us money on bad purchases.

Thanks HKJ for all of your hard work, and well done Capolini for honouring him. [emoji106][emoji4]

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cheers to HKJ. I've learned a lot from his reviews and keep learning more. His continued enthusiasm and contributions to the community are an inspiration.

Need a Light?

Newly Enlightened
Many, many thanks to HKJ. Super professional, very reliable, and I can't tell you how many times there has been a relevant review for a cell I'm looking at, or want to learn about my charger. Cheers, and respect from this New Englander.

Thanks for the thread 'Cap!

deye223

Newly Enlightened
here here I wholeheartedly agree with the above , I just discovered led lights and HJK and others here have saved me a lot of heart ache

Capolini

Banned
Yesterday was another FINE example of his help. I am guessing over the years that I have purchased ~ 75 to 100 L. Ion batteries.

I never had this issue with any of them before.These were 30Q BT's.

That issue was whenever I tried to get a voltage reading the numbers would race around and would not settle. It did that for ALL 4 batteries. I emailed HKJ and he told me that there is a connection problem that was probably associated w/ "Tarnish" being on both positive/negative parts of the battery.I could NOT see it. He said it is not always noticeable.

He mentioned a fiberglass pencil which I did not have nor did I ever hear of! So, I used some sand paper and gently and carefully sanded the areas without disturbing the wrapper! It was a very small piece and I used my index finger to wear away the tarnish!

Wouldn't you know it after about 30 minutes of meticulous work it paid off. When I checked the voltages of ALL Four batteries I got a reading[steady] immediately as I always have with all my other batteries!

I learned something new that I never thought of.

CHEERS TO HKJ:twothumbs

Capolini

Banned
Nice, and thanks for sharing that tip!

Your welcome. We are all here to share and pass along knowledge!

As for me, my knowledge is limited in the flashlight world[I am your average Joe],,,,,,,I have other talents like all of us do where I can share that knowledge!:D