KK81YI2.jpg

WKyCJy7.jpg

ZOJbx4U.jpg

Last edited:

Burgess

Flashaholic
Loved seeing those !

Wish they were somewhat Larger,
so I could read them with my tired old eyes.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The dog supply house ad answered a couple of questions I had.
I thought hi-bred was the line of accessories... and now know it's called a hi-bred comet.
Mile long beam? Please, hardly. But it was likely one of the best throwers in the 1950's that led to Eveready and Rayovac stepping it up.

I chuckled that "batteries 6 for 99¢" or "hi power batteries 6 for 75¢"... good stuff.

I have a light shown in the Olin/Bond ad with only Olin on it. Reportedly some only had Bond on them. But most had Olin and Bond on the tailcap.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the Rayovac Workhorse 2D...it was my first flashlight.

Last edited:

Howecollc

Enlightened
I had a Rayovac Workhorse too.....mine was a 3D. It was indeed a much brighter light than any of the plastic Evereadys or metal Sportsman Rayovacs of the day. I carried all the extra heft of the thing on a hiking trip when I first got it just to show up all the other Scouts who were mostly carrying those 2D military sidewinders. I wonder if the 3 cell versions were any higher wattage than the 2 cell Workhorses, or if they just had longer runtime.

IlluminatedOne

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for posting them up, some great adverts love the depictions of the beams power :)

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for these wjv. Really neat to see these old ads. I still have the middle Eveready light in the ad with the falcon. It's in almost mint condition and modded to run 6V 10W GH24 bulbs with 2XCR123 cells. Good stuff!

Minimoog

Enlightened
Thanks again. Gives me a fix of vintage when I am away from my lights! Why is it that old lights get me more excited than any new one? I just love the oldies!

irongate

Enlightened
Thanks again. Gives me a fix of vintage when I am away from my lights! Why is it that old lights get me more excited than any new one? I just love the oldies!

Maybe that is why some of us collect those old lights, just something classic about them to the eyes.