Hellfighter ?!?! Would somebody please???

skillet

Enlightened
tell me at what voltage this thing quits pumping out the lumens??

I now own one and thought I never would(thank you To the missus) I sourced lipo batteries, ends, project box and had the local Vocational school machine my t-mount flat and now I have portable power.. I got 3s batteries cause I felt like the light would quit running before the voltage got low enough to hurt the cells. Did a runtime test tonight with a voltage monitor on the cell and when the 3.3v warning buzzer sounded at 50 minutes, the light was still going strong.. I shut down to not damage my battery... I just kept watching the voltage slowly fall and the hellfighter was still going at 10.1VDC...

could someone hook theirs to a variable power supply, slowly turn down the voltage and tell me when it shuts down or could this damage the light/ballast

Please and thank you

Hi Mr. Skillet, I am thinking on something like this, a phone call to Surefire(R) may answer your Hellfighter's low voltage protection inquiry. I used to call the Surefire company in the mornings and a knowledgeable technician - representative always answered my call live. Similar to Andrew and Amanda Outdoors with Chinese manufactured LED flashlights such as Zebralight and Eagletac. I hope this suggestion helps.

BVH

Flashaholic
I have a programmable power supply but no light and you have the light but no PS. Since none of that works for your question, try this. It will not hurt your Lipos to run the pack down to 3.0 Volts Per Cell under load for a one-time test. I am guessing you find the light cuts off around 9.6 Volts/3.2VPC. IIRC, this is the minimum input rating on many automotive-style ballasts. Just charge the pack back up after you finish. None of this will hurt the ballast.

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a programmable power supply but no light and you have the light but no PS. Since none of that works for your question, try this. It will not hurt your Lipos to run the pack down to 3.0 Volts Per Cell under load for a one-time test. I am guessing you find the light cuts off around 9.6 Volts/3.2VPC. IIRC, this is the minimum input rating on many automotive-style ballasts. Just charge the pack back up after you finish. None of this will hurt the ballast.

You quite possibly can't get it to start up somewhere in the 8 to 10 volts range, my guess would be around 9 VDC for that. However once it is running it is quite possible it wont shut down until you get close to 8 VDC. Some of our ballasts will still keep running down to about 8 VDC.