Wooden chandelier with LED's

m.danielsen

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys.

This is my first post here on this lovely forum.

I'm not a total noob in regards of LED's and other lighting, and have made tons of fun stuff in my home.

But this time i need some help:

I'm about to begin a new project with at slice of beech tree that is going to be a couple of centimeters thick and wide so it actually becomes a "ring" in the same shape of the log.
But in this I want to add some diodes or LED's but I don't know how to do this the smartest way.

So what i'm searching for help for is what type of LED should i use for this dinner table chandelier/lamp in regards of warm vs. cold white and what to do in regards of heat problems???

As far as google takes me, dry wood start to burn at around 180 degrees Celsius and 356 degrees Fahrenheit.

Any pointers or help is much appreciated.

Kind regards
Mads
(Denmark)

mds82

Enlightened
are you looking to add LED's so they face upwards to illuminate the ceiling, or have them on the outside of the ring to shine outwards? This will make a difference as to what type of LED's are using.

Questions for you:
-How bright do you want this ( accent light, functional lighting, full room lighting)
-what type of power will you be supplying to it: AC, DC, and what voltage
- How do you want to control it
- what will be the overall diameter of the ring

For color, if you are using it inside i would recommend a warm light, 2700k or 3000k. 2700k is the color of standard incandescent bulb which is soft on the eyes