Anyone have the Jetbeam Jet-ST Personal limited edition light?

fyrstormer

Banned
I'm trying to find out what kind of user interface it has for mode selection, but I haven't been able to find information anywhere.

screen_shot_2016-12-15_at_4.00.38_pm.png

fyrstormer

Banned
Then you're in the same position I am. :/ I think it would look very nice in my collection, but I want to know if I can stand to use it before shelling out the money to get it.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
The question I have "and not trying to start anything here because I have always wondered this" if one is buying a light just to add to a collection and not really use. WHY does ui matter?

fyrstormer

Banned
UI matters because it's a device, not a porcelain figurine, and it should still work well even if it doesn't get used every day. Would you buy a show-car with the gas pedal and brake pedal switched, even if it was going to sit in the fancy garage attached to your mansion 364 days a year, or would you at least take it to a mechanic and have the pedals reinstalled the right way around?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Well I guess that is one way to look at it🤔 But your reference to the porcelain figurine is what I was getting at. If it is just sitting there on a shelf 364 days a year and is just to look at then as long as it's in great working order why would UI matter?

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
long press for mode change. hi-med-lo. triple click for strobe

cclin

Newly Enlightened
I have one. nice looking light, great F/F!;)
UI is quite simple:
single click for on and off
long press for mode change. h-m-l.
When light is off, long press for electronic lock-out
Anytime triple clicks activate strobe (on, off or
lock-out)
20170325_045734.jpg

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned
Well I guess that is one way to look at it樂 But your reference to the porcelain figurine is what I was getting at. If it is just sitting there on a shelf 364 days a year and is just to look at then as long as it's in great working order why would UI matter?
Because it *isn't* a porcelain figurine, meaning that even if I only use it occasionally, I still want it to work well.

I'm sure you have tools in your toolbox/shed/garage that you only use on rare occasion, but you still want them to work well when you need them, don't you? If you only need a weedwhacker twice a year to trim around the mailbox, do you want to spend an hour getting the engine to run first? If you only need a branch trimmer to cut low-hanging branches once a year, do you want to have to re-sharpen the blades each time? It's the same concept even if the tool is *pretty*.

fyrstormer

Banned
long press for mode change. hi-med-lo. triple click for strobe
Long press for mode change, short press for on/off? That's the part I really want to know. Other Jetbeam lights in the past have used short press for mode change and long press for on/off, which irritates me.

fyrstormer

Banned
UI is quite simple:
lock-out)
Ah, so it IS long press for mode change and short press for on/off. Excellent. I'm glad Jetbeam copied Olight's superior configuration.

Siggystyle

Newly Enlightened
UI is quite simple:
lock-out)
20170325_045734.jpg
Is the far left a version of the Manker E14, or (more likely, from what I have been able to find) an Astrolux S41 variant?? I mean pretty much the same thing right, but if this is the case, why can I ONLY find the latter in styled variants?? Curiosity here... Trying to add some color to my collec too... (Just ordered the Jet ST myself, very nice looking, but I wish it had a quick to firefly/moonlight - might have to have it modded, although that would kind of be a shame too... Changing it in any way, I mean...)

Siggystyle

Newly Enlightened
Long press for mode change, short press for on/off? That's the part I really want to know. Other Jetbeam lights in the past have used short press for mode change and long press for on/off, which irritates me.
Olight-esque then??

pol77

Newly Enlightened
Thread ressurection!

I have this light, it is beautifully machined and anodized.

I am a bit of a tint frak though and I was wondering if it is possible to open it up to replace the LED with a high CRI one. Without damaging the finish, of course. I see a suspicious looking ring with indentations at the front of the light. Does anyone know of a tool that will remove it without any damage? Something made from strong plastic maybe?

Latest posts