I bought a 2aa pelican Incan, and I love it!

Need a Light?

Newly Enlightened
So today I went to Sierra trading post, and checked out the abysmal light selection.

Much to my surprise, it had been revamped- but nothing of interest, all headlamps of no interest at their price point and a small selection of overpriced, even for pelican, lights. Except for the last mitylite 2340 (2AA).

Clearances for $7.50 I bought it just to see. I love minimags, and the thought of a plastic (I love decent quality plastic lights) clicky one was intriguing.

So yeah, it's basically a clicky plastic minimag with typical tight pelican focus and a bulb/reflector unit.

Would I buy it again? If the bulb lasts a bit? Sure. If not, probably not. But I really like the light for now, as a nice Incan 2aa

dennck

Newly Enlightened
I like the robust build of the Pelican 2340. The lamp assembly, however, is quite expensive.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Lamp assembly will probably last for awhile, and replacement LA's can be found at a reasonable price. Enjoy you purchase.

Bill

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still use several Incan lights and I really enjoy them. Mostly Surefire E series and several Aviators with Lumens Factory upgrades. Nothing is more pleasant than a hot wire in the night. I still have a loaner light by my front door. A clearance 3D Maglite from HD.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Glad to hear you dig it NaL. Old school lighting definitely has its virtues.

Pelican did a good job cleaning up the incan beam.
Compared to some SureFire lights side by side you can see where Pelican chose a nice artifact free beam over brute force but still did a pretty good amount of photons bursting out of their light bulbs.

If you carry a SureFire one night and a Pelican the next you'll hardly know the difference via your memory. It's only in side by side testing where the beam of the SureFire(s) outshine them.