• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

New tailcap switch light!

Olightworld

Enlightened
g11r8lS.jpg

CrashedWindows95

Newly Enlightened
This looks sweet! Quite curious to see if the cap will allow recharging like the R series does, and how this cap will affect the IPX rating.

Looking forward to it, nonetheless!:D

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
It indeed looks interesting. What I like about the design is that you don't see the charging port as it is a part of the clicky switch, not like in other flashlights were the charging port is a seperate part of the flashlight.

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is a very trick tailcap!

An e-switch and magnetic charger port in one - I was hoping someone would make one someday and Olight seems to have done it!

Here it is on the upcoming M2R:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3RUJFSINoY&t=252s

Both the M1R (1x18350 lithium at 1200 lumens max) and the M2R (1x18650 and 1500 lumens max) appear to have independent side e-switch at the front and e-switch at the tailcap. Both have 5 - 6 levels of light including a moonlight mode.

Both lights come with a TIR lens, XHP-35 LED, and a nice blue crenelated bezel.

Pros:
Lots of flexibility as far as accessing either switch to turn the light on. Gotta love it!

Cons:
E-switches have parasitic drain but hopefully its low.
Will require a proprietary battery with both pos./neg. contacts facing the tailcap for in-light charging.

note: For those who don't like special batteries, DIY folks on the BLF forum are: unwrapping the battery, removing the double-pole contact, soldering the double-pole contact onto a different battery of their choice, and rewrapping the modified battery. Not a big deal.

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: New tailcap switch light! (but forgot to make a real pocket clip)

Like just about all of it;
BUT>>>>IMHO>>>>>That clip. I cannot stand a Clip on Clip! They are weak and prone to problems. They can scratch the light, easily unclip from the light, don't clip flush to your pocket, I could go on. I have also noticed most of the Two Way clip designs like this typically have weak retention also.

I have several lights that would be a Ten, but the clip on clip makes it a 7. Pls, give me some screw holes or one I with a ring I can put on between the cap and or head. All this R&D, and the clip is still what seems like a afterthought. Crazy part is the Rep is talking how the clip has been upgraded. Gesh.
I kinda liken a clip on clip to the manufactures who throw in those cheap thin lanyards with the horrible slip rings that bend in a day and the lanyard begins to fray in a week. Or the split ring begins to get wound up in the lanyard.
Think about this, a light is typically carried more than it is used. ESPECIALLY a EDC sized light! Maybe some focus on the carrying of the light would be smart?

Sorry for the rant. Just hoping manufactures will get with the program.

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast

I like it but wonder how easy it is to activate. I have killed a few batteries with switches bumped on.

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast

I assume it will be as easy/difficult to activate as any other e-switch they've made. This Olight will have two e-switches.

I think we can also assume Olight has their own idea of how much pressure to dial into their e-switches to make them just right.

I remember many years ago there was a time when the e-switch on the older Zebralight SC600 was too easy to activate so people started to complain. Then, Zebralight made their next version so stiff that many people were complaining about it too.

Hope Olight gets it just right the first time around.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, Olight keeps the pace. That M?R line looks intriguing. Wonder when they will embrace NW emitters? Come on guys, eh? :)

BTW, in the video the M3R model has been mentioned. Wonder what that might be?

Last edited:

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast

Is there a active voltage difference across the 2 electrical contacts on the tailcap? This problem has come up on other models with tailcap charger contacts where electrical shorting was a problem.

Here is an H2R lighting up some steel wool:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCEjJhm8qYM

Last edited:

STREAMHAWAII

Newly Enlightened

Did this tail light switch model come out yet?

bvincent

Newly Enlightened

Anyone know when Olight will release this?

jb509

Newly Enlightened
It is a very trick tailcap!

An e-switch and magnetic charger port in one - I was hoping someone would make one someday and Olight seems to have done it!

Here it is on the upcoming M2R:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3RUJFSINoY&t=252s

Both the M1R (1x18350 lithium at 1200 lumens max) and the M2R (1x18650 and 1500 lumens max) appear to have independent side e-switch at the front and e-switch at the tailcap. Both have 5 - 6 levels of light including a moonlight mode.

Both lights come with a TIR lens, XHP-35 LED, and a nice blue crenelated bezel.

Pros:
Lots of flexibility as far as accessing either switch to turn the light on. Gotta love it!

Cons:
E-switches have parasitic drain but hopefully its low.
Will require a proprietary battery with both pos./neg. contacts facing the tailcap for in-light charging.

note: For those who don't like special batteries, DIY folks on the BLF forum are: unwrapping the battery, removing the double-pole contact, soldering the double-pole contact onto a different battery of their choice, and rewrapping the modified battery. Not a big deal.

This is the english version from Marshall of Going Gear.

https://youtu.be/wHz_BZQwggU start at 8:50

:thumbsup: