• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

T30vn

MC408

Enlightened

lstmichel

Enlightened
In case anyone was wondering. The t30vn is up on Vinhs skylumen website. $235 seems reasonable.

https://skylumen.com/collections/v54-lights/products/acebeam-t30vn-rechargeable-security-thrower

Will this mod be fine with the extended battery pack? 4 26650s?

is there advantages to running 2 26650 compared to 18650s? Again, I know nothing, educate me please!

Just Trying to get this thread going and not focus on the color of the lights. Lol

several things to consider
For this light the batteries are wired in what is called "serial"
4 x 3.7v = 14.8 (max 16.8v)
2 x 3.7v = 7.4 (max 8.4v)
if the driver used can support 16.8 V - than yes you can use 4 batteries (I don't however know what this driver supports)
if you over voltage the driver - you will like likely burn it out - check with Vinh to get the actual answer for this specific light.

As for 26650 (My preferred battery) vs 18650 - the most obvious difference is capacity
The BEST 16650 available today are 3600Mah (a measure of stored power)
The BEST 26650 available today are 5200Mah (about 44% more stored power)

Then you get into things like high drain vs capacity.
Vinh sells some products that require high drain batteries (ie the ability to deliver 30A vs say 10A)
A high drain battery will almost always have less overall capacity than a battery designed for maximum power storage.

then there is the whole "protected" vs unprotected batteries
a "protected" battery has a chip built to prevent over/undercharging and also limit the max current you can pull
the highest rated 18650 protected battery will allow 10A
the highest rated 26650 protected battery will allow 15A (I have 10 or so of these)
note that a protected battery is 2-3mm longer than an unprotected cell and some flash lights can't fit these in (the mk34 comes to mind)

I think that is enough for one email :)

Last edited:

lstmichel

Enlightened
Is this light gonna rattle if u have 2* 26650 unprotected keeppower 26650??

My bad - I should have been clearer - I went off on a general battery discussion :(

This light uses a Built in 2*26650 Rechargeable battery handle.
for a stock light you could order a 2nd battery handle and add it to the overall length.

I sill don't know if Vinh's Mod can handle the 16.8V - ie two handles added together,

t30-2.jpg

MC408

Enlightened
Good info lstmichel!

Why did I always think your superhero name was 1st Michael? Lol.

Hmmmm. Batteries included? Very interesting. How much is that extra battery pack?

Someone buy this and report back!

lstmichel

Enlightened
Good info lstmichel!

Why did I always think your superhero name was 1st Michael? Lol.

Hmmmm. Batteries included? Very interesting. How much is that extra battery pack?

Someone buy this and report back!

my halo burned out years ago ... no amount of VN lights is going to fix that .. haha

I think Vinh is a Acebeam distributer - I'd ask him for a price on the battery pack

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
my halo burned out years ago ... no amount of VN lights is going to fix that .. haha

I think Vinh is a Acebeam distributer - I'd ask him for a price on the battery pack

Please ask him about extended battery.. i personally think 2 x26650 would be enough, unless you want more runtime. I hope this light came in the black switch instead of the orange color.

Last edited:

lstmichel

Enlightened
My big question is, can we use any 26650 battery in this light, or is it limited to Acebeam's sealed "battery pack?"

Theirs only as far as I know
if you look at the picture you will see that the + and - poles are available at both ends of the battery pack.
this is done so that the light can be controlled from the front side - and recharged at the tail cap
in rare cases (R50, R50 Pro) you CAN use an off the shelf battery - but you lose the ability to recharge at the tail cap

Last edited:

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Theirs only as far as I know
if you look at the picture you will see that the + and - poles are available at both ends of the battery pack.
this is done so that the light can be controlled from the front side - and recharged at the tail cap
in rare cases (R50, R50 Pro) you CAN use an off the shelf battery - but you lose the ability to recharge at the tail cap

Maybe we can use t25 battery body?Will it work??

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't mind at all losing the ability to charge in the flashlight. I just want to be able to use the latest, greatest batteries available. (Which changes as technology progresses quickly).