- Homart Copper 2xD c.1904

kDjl57t.jpg

rDguETK.jpg

4wy1r4M.jpg

Post em if you got them!!

Last edited:

irongate

Enlightened
Did you just get that copper one by chance? Really in nice shape. Thanks for the picture. Nice to see they all light up really nice.

It's been almost five years since I posted about this light, and since that section of CPF is archived, I decided to share it again.

An early 70's model Burnham Brothers Red Headlite.
V7IGUQR.jpg

I date it from the early 70's due to the postage stamp.
lEDoMzn.jpg
Best I can tell it reads, JUN 14'71. It was shipped Third Class from Marble Falls, Texas to Lakewood Washington, a 1,725 mile trip for the grand total of .36c.

Its box was the only shipping container. In 71 Lakewood hadn't yet incorporated into a city. Hence Tacoma on the label.
PP0DsCK.jpg

FTV9FJp.jpg

xqGmPRY.jpg

aFp9HBS.jpg

43H51gX.jpg

If you're interested in learning the history of how this light came into my possession, more information is available via this link . #1

~ Chance

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently posted a picture of this copper Rayovac in the "show your copper" thread, but thought it would be appropriate to post here as well.

image url

bykfixer

Flashaholic

Here's 3 variations of the HIPCO 2C from what was called 'the Machine era' during the 1950's.
With its mirror smooth chromed brass reflector good glass lenses and a PR4 they were actually fairly bright little number.

Last edited:

irongate

Enlightened
It's been almost five years since I posted about this light, and since that section of CPF is archived, I decided to share it again.

An early 70's model Burnham Brothers Red Headlite.
V7IGUQR.jpg

I date it from the early 70's due to the postage stamp.
lEDoMzn.jpg
Best I can tell it reads, JUN 14'71. It was shipped Third Class from Marble Falls, Texas to Lakewood Washington, a 1,725 mile trip for the grand total of .36c.

Its box was the only shipping container. In 71 Lakewood hadn't yet incorporated into a city. Hence Tacoma on the label.
PP0DsCK.jpg

FTV9FJp.jpg

xqGmPRY.jpg

aFp9HBS.jpg

43H51gX.jpg

If you're interested in learning the history of how this light came into my possession, more information is available via this link . #1

~ Chance

Nice story of the light and how you got it.

bykfixer

Flashaholic

Although not very old this vintage looking "house light" (ie generic, sold at hardware stores etc back when) was made in PA in the 80's by Bright Star. It was a gift by Scout24 who lives not far from where it was made.
It's one of my favorite flashlights.

I started restoring these two WW1 military issue Eveready Daylo Soldier Boys about the time I started a flashlight store. They arrived not working. Both work now but are fickle. The project is on hold while I source parts and pursue other avenues.

I turned the enlisted person one with a #222 (left) to turn it into a thrower and a #14 was used in the officer version to use as a room lighter. Idea being enlisted need to see distances and officers need to light the tent with the plans.

A baby Sportsman from circa 1960's. Another favorite, a bedside table light.

Probably the last one I've restored... I forget...maybe not but the store distracts me from restoring old lights lately. A circa 1917 2C nickel plated Ray-o-lite miner light. A bifocal lens made it thrower and a flooder.

A very unique beam

Here it is after.

These 2 old gals await restoration. One is a Ray-o-light light from the late 1910's. The other is a Rayovac 3D once used by the Santa Fe railroad yard workers in the 1920's. Both work after a bit of cleanup, but can use some TLC and a rivet or two.

Last edited:

wjv

Enlightened
RE: >>> A circa 1917 2C nickel plated Ray-o-lite miner light. A bifocal lens made it thrower and a flooder.

Let me know if you ever want to sell that beauty!!!!! What a great looking light!!!!!!!!!!!!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
A couple of rubber bodied numbers that were restored.

A Franco from late 1910's and a Bond from the same period.

The unique conduction tail cap to battery in the Franco needs more sprucing up for max conductivity. Hence the yellow look to the beam. But to get it working at all was a big thrill. (See restoring vintage flashlights thread for details)

Bond is "Bond only" with no Olin. The Franco was one of the last made by them before they sold to Conrad Hubert (Eveready fame) in 1919 and changed the name to Yale later.

For kix I used a different bulb in the Bond to make it a thrower. An oem type #14 is in the Franco.

The Bond throws a lot better now.

Note where the head meets the body those threads. They were both "adjustable beam" flashlights.