Capolini's TOP 10 "Modded" Trail Lights!

Capolini

Banned

Hello Fellow Vihnilini's!!!

This is essential stuff guys,,,it is imperative that you enjoy the line up and feel free to ask Questions to either me or CAPO! Also feel free to post some of your torches! I guess there may be several threads like this, although this is a bit different because you get to see which lights Capolini uses on the trail on a nightly basis! I am proud to say that CAPO and I are just passed the 13K mark in terms of miles on the trail!

Nine out of the Ten are V54 lights. I do not think Vinh will mind that I put a OSTS TN31mb in there!I have several other modded lights.These are the ones in my Rotation. The First 5 in the line up are my Primary lights which I use a little longer than the Secondary lights which are the last Five in the Line up.

Line up from Left to Right:

PRIMARY TORCHES-

1.TK61vn V4-1800L/770Kcd

2.TN42-2400L/780Kcd

3.OSTS TN31mb-800L/470Kcd

4.K40vn-1600L/400Kcd

TK75vn KT-3300L/340Kcd

SECONDARY TORCHES-

6.M2Xvn DD/Single mode-1200L/270Kcd

7.TK35vn-1000L/95Kcd,

8.U21vn-1500L/260Kcd

9.TX25C2vn DD/Single mode XPG2- 900L/80Kcd[field tested by Capolini]

10.SDminiVN-XPL-1500L/30Kcd ****A Birthday present from Vinh!
:party:
LINE_UP_MODS.jpg

ven

Flashaholic
They are all classics or to be classics, the tk75vn KT will always certainly be one, along with the tk61vn. The former 3300+lm, no real heat issues, 350kcd................not much to not love. In fact, the older 3 reflector 75 was a better design imo, larger wells.

Capolini

Banned
yep,,the TK75vn KT is still my favorite. I use it twice/week and the others get one turn and flip a coin for the 7th night!:laughing:

ven

Flashaholic
:laughing: Can not quite remember the date, but it has to be close to 3yr old in v54 form.................yet more than holds its own today. Its a great host which even today, vinh uses with his awesome creations. The bench mark for multi cell lights...........yep i love the 75!

Capolini

Banned
:laughing: Can not quite remember the date, but it has to be close to 3yr old in v54 form.................yet more than holds its own today. Its a great host which even today, vinh uses with his awesome creations. The bench mark for multi cell lights...........yep i love the 75!

Ven,,,do you have the TN42vn? If so what batteries are you using?

I am using 30Q'S which are very loose in the carrier,still works but rattles. I was thinking of getting 4 more w/ BT from Mt. elec.

Here are the sizes according to their website.

30Q FT=64.9mm

30Q BT=66.6mm

I am wondering if that extra 1.7mm will help?!! $29.42 for 4 of them.

what do u think?

torchsarecool

Enlightened
Capo i'm using keeppower 3500's in my tn42vn. Fit very nicely at 69.4mm long. They were recommended by Vinh for this light

P.s. Awesome line up!!

ven

Flashaholic
Those 10a 3500mah would make an excellent choice yes, got the length for a snug fit and plenty of run time for capo.

MC408

Enlightened
Thanks Gentlemen,,,,,,several of the lights are a bit out dated,but they are classics to me.:D

im new to lights and just startedcollecting this year. I went back and picked up a couple of these so called "classics"!

1 reason. reading up on the progression and excitement of the thread (at that time) gave me a chance to enjoy the excitement of others.

2nd reason, even if outdated technology wise, they are still spectacular lights and some may not be replicated even with more powerful hosts or LEDs. Like any classsic, it'll stand the test of time!

MCs top 10 classics
tk61vn V4
tk75vn
k60vn
k70vn
k40mvn
k40lvn
RC40vnf
m25c2vnT
tx25c2vn
X60vn
tn36utvn

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
+1 , fantastic line up MC

Does make me think(done this many times over the years) how much vinh has impacted on our flashlight life:rock:

Capolini

Banned
Those 10a 3500mah would make an excellent choice yes, got the length for a snug fit and plenty of run time for capo.

LOL!! That is what I got first,,,,,,,4 X GA BT'S!! Then I watched johnnymac's review and he was using 30Q. I knew they would not be a tight fit but am surprised how loosely they fit! He did not mention anything about a loose fit!

So I took my GA'S back to my hometown dealer[greatest CS/Person in the world] and got 4 X 30Q FT!

The reality is the 30Q'q work well,,,,,run time almost as good as Protected 3400's,,,,,If I do NOT shake the flashlight they do not rattle!!! lol!

I still might get the GA'S and then use 30Q in my TK75vn KT in ~ 8 months when my 3 year old Soshine are ready to retire.That was my original plan when I cancelled my TN42vn order last October!!........r u guys following all this complicated stuff?!!! :laughing:

ven

Flashaholic
LOL!! That is what I got first,,,,,,,4 X GA BT'S!! Then I watched johnnymac's review and he was using 30Q. I knew they would not be a tight fit but am surprised how loosely they fit! He did not mention anything about a loose fit!

So I took my GA'S back to my hometown dealer[greatest CS/Person in the world] and got 4 X 30Q FT!

The reality is the 30Q'q work well,,,,,run time almost as good as Protected 3400's,,,,,If I do NOT shake the flashlight they do not rattle!!! lol!

I still might get the GA'S and then use 30Q in my TK75vn KT in ~ 8 months when my 3 year old Soshine are ready to retire.That was my original plan when I cancelled my TN42vn order last October!!........r u guys following all this complicated stuff?!!! :laughing:

You know Roberto, life can throw all kinds of stuff at us, good........bad.......ugly.........but hey, reading for the 2nd time your post, i thought the same thing. That is simply what a great problem to have in this world today:)

What i would do, simply just get a few cells(does not matter what light from) and use the light carrier as a test rig. Try out a few different brands, see which just sits right and order 4 of. Or better still, a matching 4 that will fit snug, swap over with the 30Q cells. Button tops should help out ~2mm, this should make the difference from flat top loose, button top secure.

The soshine iirc are pany B inside, those will light up that xhp35 HI nicely in the tn42vn, it is not asking a lot and maybe a way of prolonging retirement. If they can cope with capo on his walk, still have some left in the tank for emergencies. If they rest at 3.3v or 3.5v is neither here or there as they can cope. Just an example.........
:)