• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

host ideas for v5 triple

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not knowing what is available on the Oveready website, the Moddoo bodies with adapter are top of the line. Some options might be available?

Do these dropins fit in Malkoff hosts?

From time to time there are some amazing hosts put up for sale by CPF members.

Feast your eyes on the 'Show off your Oveready' picture thread.

Place a 'Want To Buy' thread here on CPF.

Croquette

Enlightened
Oveready host (6p or moddoolar). I have 2 6p (black and icy blue) and three moddoolar bodies in different size. Can't stop playing with them.

Fuchshp

Flashlight Enthusiast
My v5 host consists mostly of old parts I bought here on CPF.

flip1_zpsmw1cqihf.jpg

flip2_zpsy8anf3wu.jpg

Here the same host with other parts.

IMG_1240_zpslzrb9qyl.jpg

Here's my flashligh box with some more parts.

Surefire_zps1afkntho.jpg

Last edited:

Dingle1911

Enlightened
I like the OR Moddoolar as a host. Although parts can be hard to find. I don't think you can go wrong with a bored 6P or C2 either.

I have been using 35mm cells lately

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another example. Bored parts. Keep an eye out on the forums and you should find them eventually.

Good luck!

750FF6E2-AF49-4E23-A82E-221D6F488BF7_zps14uea2kb.jpg

Fuchshp

Flashlight Enthusiast
RPM v4 Titanium on the same host as above. The tailcap arrived yesterday. What a tailcap! And comfortable too.

IMG_1260_zpsrufkhiy9.jpg

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm toying with the idea of a V5 Triple, and was thinking of getting a SF Z2 for it.
There's no mention of a Z2 here, just C2. Is there any reason not to use a Z2? Is it the lack of mass compared to the C2?
Thanks chaps.
P

U2v5

Newly Enlightened
My V5 drop in is currently installed in a 6P I bored for 18650/18350 use. I also use a U2 body with an Oveready LU60 adapter. With both hosts I'm using the Cryos bezel to manage heat! I use this light for field macro photography and often run it on two 18350s in "afterburner" mode. The Cryos works very well in this application and trumps the standard bezel. The head is more bulky with this setup but I recently added a triad cap with the long clip which is working out to be a stellar combo for me.

[emoji106]🏻[emoji41]

Father Azmodius

Enlightened
A FiveMega double 26650 host would give good heat management and runtimes

I'm partial to TNC lights.

And if you wanted the ultimate, you can get a copper 26650 host, with an extension to run 2 cells from TNC. That's my plan once I finally get a V5 drop in. I'm running E series V5 with 2 18350s, but the runtime on max leaves something to be desired

Another option (single cell only though) is a FiveMega cooly