G2Z combatlight with MaxVision

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
New offering from Surefire - the G2Z combat light with MaxVision. Already up on the SF website - listed retail as $120-ish.

Anyone else seen or heard about this one yet?

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
At that price point, I'd be tempted to buy one just to test it out - well, once my finances stabilize.

That said, I wonder if it's going to be an all flood profile, or something directed. The only SF "MaxVision" I have is the Titan/Titan Plus.

sgt253

Enlightened
Curious as to switch travel. Combat light body with click tail cap? I would like to think the "throw" of the switch is long enough that one could use the light in momentary fashion without clicking it fully on. Interesting combination.

ven

Flashaholic
I like it!! Like the body/design and the beefy bezel(reminds me a little of elzetta thick or makoff thickness).

Looks a nice light and well priced.................

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
For a dedicated pistol light...this is looking interesting. Though 650 might be a bit too much indoors, and the G2Z seems a bit large for concealed carry.

Up All Night

Enlightened
Curious as to switch travel. Combat light body with click tail cap? I would like to think the "throw" of the switch is long enough that one could use the light in momentary fashion without clicking it fully on. Interesting combination.

If the switch is true to the 4 Nitrolon X lights I own the travel is perfect and provides great feedback when you're approaching the "click" for constant on.
I have zero issues avoiding constant on, the switch offers tactile feel of progressive stiffness before you hit constant on. No need to feather it, I can mash on it solidly and know I'm not going to have an unwanted "click". So yeah, it's long enough, great switch IMO.

snakyjake

Enlightened
Here's what interests me:

* A reflector that shapes 650 lumens of light into wide useful field of vision.
* Foolproof activation
* Simplicity

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's perfect for clearing rooms, although I can't say it's an ideal night stand light without a low beam. Still, I like it. Could be wise to wait and see if Amazon sells it at a lower price point. I wonder how well it will function with a 16650?

radu1976

Enlightened
Years ago SUREFIRE put TIR in their lights so they can throw better and better. Now they started to make some floody models.
G2Z-MV bezel looks like INFORCEs bezel : more agressive than a smooth bezel but not as agressive as E2D/ED2L bezels, the pants are now safe.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks awesome. Anyone tuned in to the the recent announcements and gear presentation shows or whatever know if there are plans for a similar all Al bodied version of this?

Looks like something I might need to put a Triad on, if modoo ever makes them without mandatory clip and trit holes again. Or find an old one on the CPFMP.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
The G2Z-MV looks for me like a new modern Z2-S. This light had also a very wide beam and also only one level. I also ordered one and can not wait till the light will arrive.. :)