Help with LEDs Powered from Small Format Battery

daijizai

Newly Enlightened
As far as most maker stuff goes, I am a total n00b. I have a hobby project at hand to design a glowing playing card to emulate Gambit from X-Men helping someone pull together a cosplay getup. I know how to make it work at 12v, but I would love to get it to 3.7v for a small LiPo.

I guess my question is: With the LEDs wired in parallel, I don't have sufficient current; in series, I don't have sufficient voltage. I have neopixel rings that can power a dozen leds off the same 3.7v battery. What can I look in on and read up on to figure this circuit out?

Image is the series circuit.

tm77T

http://imgur.com/a/tm77T

Thanks in advance!

ssanasisredna

Enlightened
Are those white or Red LEDs?

If red you should be able to adjust the resistors to get enough current .

daijizai

Newly Enlightened
Are those white or Red LEDs?

If red you should be able to adjust the resistors to get enough current .

Red, but the resistors are already fairly minimal. I forget what I put on there at the moment, but I know they were the lowest values that I have. I am thinking that maybe I have them wired up completely wrong? I've seen dozens of LEDs powered on the same voltage. There has to be a smarter way?

I have been jammed at work and some long hours, but I should have some time to tinker in the evenings starting next week. I hope to find the solution soon.

Thanks for the thought though. I'll look into it, but I am thinking there must be more to it.